PDA

View Full Version : sari silk

It's a small world
23-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi

Can anyone help. Ive been attending Action Kids Course and they use what they call 'Sari Silk' they are brightly coloured scarves that are great to use with young babies when interacting using music. They are fab . I have tried everywhere all clothes shops / hair shops but out of look. Can anyone help. I have an 8 mnth old starting in a couple of weeks and would love to show mum the kind of things we will be doing.

candy cat
23-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi! i got beautiful fabric on ebay in bright orange and had a gorgeous dress made out of it ..they have loads of wonderful bright colours. cx

Mouse
23-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Have you tried a material shop?

I go to a stall in our market and they sell some fab materials. You can buy as much as you need & cut it to the size you want. They usually have a basket of oddments as well and I've picked up some really lovely bits for £1 each. It works out a lot cheaper than buying scarves.

Definitely worth a look.

jumpinjen
23-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi,

they may have been silk squares popular in waldorf/steiner settings.... I looked on the internet recently for some and found 'sarah's silks'... myriad has some, but they are expensive.... about £7 per silk or £60 for a set of eight rainbow or pastel shades so not cheap!

Jenni x

Maguiresmonkeys
23-10-2009, 12:53 PM
My grandma had loads of silk hankys....unused i might ad! And I use them for musical interaction. The little ones love it when i blow underneath them and let them float down.
Might be worth asking around family members to see if they have any....?? xx

It's a small world
25-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Just to let you know got some material from a market today 2 x 1mtr diff colours..going to cut them down reckon I could make about 4 reasonable squares out of them each to use for music interaction and other activities. Thanks for all your help...

Mouse
25-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Glad you got sorted.

I've seen some lovely halloween fabrics in the market, so I'm going to get some of them this week.