PDA

View Full Version : I feel so stupid

pinklady
23-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Mindee turned up on Wednesday and her Mum told me mindee had been sick in the night so I explained that my policy states a clear 48 hours must pass before I can take her. She somehow managed to convince me that she thought it was something she'd eaten rather than a bug.

I naively let her in and as I didn't have any other mindees that day I took the risk. Well you can guess what's happened I'm sure. Both my sons were up all night being sick and I've now had to lose a days pay...:censored: Not to mention the fact it's horrible to see my little men all poorly.

Well it's a massive lesson learnt by me...anyone else that dares darken my doorstep with a sicky child can just turn right around and go home again!

Merry-Minder
23-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I think I would have backed down and let her in as well, but after reading your post it will now help me to be strong and stand my ground - as you shoulnt take the risk.
I think its a shame when parents seem to want to 'get rid' of their children at any cost! Surely if a child is sick - for any reason, then they deserve some love and attention from mom or dad at home!!

cuffleygirl
23-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Poor you and your men - hope they get better soon. Don't be talked round by anyone again stick to your guns.

Did the mindee make a speedy recovery? if so, chances are if its the same bug your boys will too.

Straws
23-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Parents can be very convincing, I think they all play down their childs illness, the same thing happened to me last year:mad:

Straws xx

gegele
23-10-2009, 09:14 AM
oh bless your little men. i'm not cuddling though ah ah ah a ah ah ah
good luck, I would have gave in as well :blush:

x

sarah707
23-10-2009, 09:27 AM
You're not the only one it's happened to! :o

Parents can be very convincing when they 'need' to get to work.

Hope your boys improve soon! :D

nannymcflea
23-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I hope you have let this parent know? Do a little newsletter just to nail the issue home that if a child has been chucking they stay at home.

Though in defence of being sick,my youngest can chuck just like that,if she gets a cold she chucks if she sees someone eating messily she chucks but parents should know the difference and be responsible.

hope your lo's feel better soon.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I would invoice the mum for the day that you are off for her mindee

Mollymop
23-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Poor you, hope your children are better soon. It is hard to turn children away when they turn up at your door isn't it. SOme parents can be so selfish.

At least you can use this story next time it happens in the future

emler
23-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Hope your boys are feeling better soon x

atmkids
23-10-2009, 10:25 AM
You poor thing. As I have a bit of a phobia about sickness one of my pet hates is people who knowingly spread their germs without a thought for anyone else. The mums who send their kids to us or to school because they HAVE to go to work are so selfish in my opinion as they are then the cause of other people getting ill, including us who then don't get paid for being off sick. :angry:

ORKSIE
23-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I would invoice the mum for the day that you are off for her mindee

That is just what I was gonna say:thumbsup:
I do hope your all feeling better soon:) X

Alibali
23-10-2009, 01:30 PM
It's really not fair when our kids get sick because of sick mindees, big hugs for your boys and stay strong.