PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming first thing Monday!

CherryBlossom
23-10-2009, 07:20 AM
I know this has been posted a lot but just wanted to check I am prepared.

Printing out all my P&P's/RA's today. Is there anything else however small I might have forgotten?
We were not really told much on our course and I have learnt most stuff form this forum!

I am going to read through the leaflet on the pre reg visit again today aswell.

I am not really sure what to expect..how long do they stay for?

My garden will be out of use until next year..as we are getting it all done up, but their are local parks nearby so can still provide lots of outdoor activities.

I am just so nervous..done so much research and put in a lot of effort with all my p&p's etc..but feel my mind will go blank when she arrives!

x

Stace
23-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi CherryBlossom

Firstly good luck for Monday - I know how you feel, I got my phone call this afternoon saying that they will be here on Tuesday next week - eeeeek !!!!

So in that light, I'm probably not the best one to advise you. But the lady who phoned me asked if I could do my risk assessment - I said I had a rough copy of one, then she said that she would walk around the rooms that I intend to use and see if there are any risks with me.

Said it would take approx 3 hours - eek - esp when I have a 6 month old baby to entertain :-) Still, sure it won't be too bad !!

She also mentioned that I would need to measure the room space for the rooms to be used - measured in metres - so I guess you might
need to do the same (just the rooms to play in - not the bathroom, hallway etc).

If you will be using a car - to have your driving license and MOT certificate to hand. Also to have the CRB form completed and all ID ready
for her to check / takeaway.

Like you say - as you have the parks close by I understand that would be fine, I think as long as you can provide some outside play each day, though someone else on here would probably have a better understanding on that than me.

Hope it all goes well - let us know how you get on.

ttfn
Stace
xxx

ORKSIE
23-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Good Luck.....Sounds like you have it all in order:clapping:

littletreasures
24-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Good luck xx

Zoomie
24-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Good luck for Monday, and have proof of address for your CRBs too.

CherryBlossom
24-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone!

I am excited and nervous at the same time.

My NCMA membership card came through this morning, and my public liability insurance has already started. I am just soooooo keen to start!

I can't believe I am really close to being registered now..been going through it all since Feb-thought i would never get there.

x

sjane2
24-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Good luck I am sure it will be fine, my inspector was only here for 2 hours, didn't want to see any policies or anything like that, just walked around the house discussing the risk assessment, she was really nice. In hindsight it was nothing to be nervous about (although i was) you cant help it can you.

:)
sam

CherryBlossom
26-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Ofsted have been and gone-45 minutes is all she was here for!

Didn't ask to see my Policies or RA's after hours and hours of making sure i had them all ready lol.

She only gave me one action which is to finish off my Garden before the Children use it-which I told her we are doing anyway and i wasn't going to use it until it was ready. (Fences need to be replaces and we are re turfing the whole thing and putting decking down)

She is registering me for the max amount of Children too :) Our house is fairly big for just the two of us..we have 3 bedrooms (one used as an office) so we have plenty of space, but I thought she may be strict and only give me limited numbers at first.

All in all it was good-and she reckons I should be registered this time next month!!!!!

So excited xxx

Splish Splosh
26-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Good Luck for Monday I am sure you will do great.:)

Merry-Minder
26-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I got the majority of my paper work ready for my pre-reg and they never looked at mine either, but it seemed to impress her when I told her they were done -and if you look on the upside, at least its one less thing to worry about when your full inspection comes!

brightstar
26-10-2009, 06:46 PM
You are all so lucky with your paperwork, we have to send ours to CSSIW before they even come out to do the pre-reg inspection. Glad it went ok for you.

Stace
26-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Ofsted have been and gone-45 minutes is all she was here for!

Didn't ask to see my Policies or RA's after hours and hours of making sure i had them all ready lol.

She only gave me one action which is to finish off my Garden before the Children use it-which I told her we are doing anyway and i wasn't going to use it until it was ready. (Fences need to be replaces and we are re turfing the whole thing and putting decking down)

She is registering me for the max amount of Children too :) Our house is fairly big for just the two of us..we have 3 bedrooms (one used as an office) so we have plenty of space, but I thought she may be strict and only give me limited numbers at first.

All in all it was good-and she reckons I should be registered this time next month!!!!!

So excited xxx

Hi

Well done :clapping:

45 minutes - how did you manage that one ???? ha ha the state of my house she will probably be here all week :laughing:

ttfn
Stace
xxx

Zoomie
26-10-2009, 09:19 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just wanted to add that it is probably better to have your paperwork ready for Ofsted because once you start minding you start a whole new tray, oops I mean desk of paperwork :rolleyes: , so if your RAs / P&Ps are done, you have one less thing to do, and trust me there is no time to go back and do RAs you should have done ages ago. Every month I seem to have to add one or two more RAs so I am mighty glad I did the bulk right at the beginning.

TheBTeam
26-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Well done, hope it is all up and running very soon!

CherryBlossom
28-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi

Well done :clapping:

45 minutes - how did you manage that one ???? ha ha the state of my house she will probably be here all week :laughing:

ttfn
Stace
xxx

Well, we moved in only a month ago and I don't have children so our house is quite tidy at the moment!
There are no major risks, and I hope it is because she can see I am capable and prepared lol.
I told her how i have been waiting since Feb, and that i have done lots of research and have all my Policies in place-she saw the folder but did not ask to look inside.
Stace, how did yours go?! Good i hope!

xx

CherryBlossom
28-10-2009, 12:49 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Just wanted to add that it is probably better to have your paperwork ready for Ofsted because once you start minding you start a whole new tray, oops I mean desk of paperwork :rolleyes: , so if your RAs / P&Ps are done, you have one less thing to do, and trust me there is no time to go back and do RAs you should have done ages ago. Every month I seem to have to add one or two more RAs so I am mighty glad I did the bulk right at the beginning.

Yes, 100% agree with you Zoomie.
I personally wanted to get them done anyway, as when parents come to visit I want to have everything in place and be ready.
Also, don't want to be running around like a headless chicken doing them when Ofsted are due in 6 months!

Aside from that, I have waited long enough to do this and if I am going to do it-I am going to do it properly. I don't like doing things by halves..and I feel much better now they are done.

x

angeldelight
28-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Well done

Bet you are glad thats over

Angel xx

Stace
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, we moved in only a month ago and I don't have children so our house is quite tidy at the moment!
There are no major risks, and I hope it is because she can see I am capable and prepared lol.
I told her how i have been waiting since Feb, and that i have done lots of research and have all my Policies in place-she saw the folder but did not ask to look inside.
Stace, how did yours go?! Good i hope!

xx

Hi

Mine went well thank you - was here for near enough 3 hours mind you !!!! just going through questions I had already answered in the pre-reg book - so felt it was a bit of a waste of time filling that in really - though I guess it gets you thinking along the right lines.

I just had a couple of things to put right - in the garden - which I knew about already so that was good. Must admit I never knew you only got 2 weeks to complete the tasks - I was only hoping to start minding in January at the earliest !!

I'm allowed the full amount apart from the under one year old at the moment as I have a six month old baby.

ttfn
Stace
xxx

CherryBlossom
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi

Mine went well thank you - was here for near enough 3 hours mind you !!!! just going through questions I had already answered in the pre-reg book - so felt it was a bit of a waste of time filling that in really - though I guess it gets you thinking along the right lines.

I just had a couple of things to put right - in the garden - which I knew about already so that was good. Must admit I never knew you only got 2 weeks to complete the tasks - I was only hoping to start minding in January at the earliest !!

I'm allowed the full amount apart from the under one year old at the moment as I have a six month old baby.

ttfn
Stace
xxx

Mine was for my garden too-but i knew this already as there is a fence panel missing lol-blew off literally day before she arrived typical!
It isn't two weeks for me though-I have until I start minding. She doesn't come back and check-they will check when i get my first inspection though.

x