PDA

View Full Version : Face book

miss muffit
23-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi
My development worker said she see's im on facebook and she's had a bo peep and she's seen my profile (dont think she can see anything else) I asked her if she would like to be my friend on there and she said "you will never find me!!, she's under a different name" :eek:
she said she would join me as a friend, but not to talk about work or children lol!!!!
i must admit i was a bit taken back that she's not using her real name....makes me wonder why?!!!???
im not going to worry, just thought i would share :D

CherryBlossom
23-10-2009, 07:26 AM
My profile is totally private..as i don't like the thought of people being able to nose at it! lol

Maybe she has something to hide he he

HomefromHome
23-10-2009, 07:30 AM
my settings are friends only on everything - i cant be found, no-one can peek and friends of friends cant peek either!:D

mabel
23-10-2009, 07:51 AM
perhaps she is using a maiden name ?

one of my friends does this so that friends from the past can catch up with her

kindredspirits
23-10-2009, 08:25 AM
i don't use my real name on facebook - i've got no reason to want people to know my real full name and i actually think its quite naieve to post your name, date of birth and photo for all to see. :huh:

sue m
23-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Ooops, that'll be me then. I've got it all out on view! Not my date of birth actually, I do think that shouldn't be on there or anyone can pinch your identity. :eek: If anything personal is said, it's not said on there, it's done by email or another way.

suzyblue
23-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Apparently if you apply for a job your potential employers check you out on facebook!!!!! No wonder my 19 year old is having problems getting a job!!!

georgie456
23-10-2009, 08:45 AM
my settings are friends only on everything - i cant be found, no-one can peek and friends of friends cant peek either!:D

Me too! I make sure everything is kept to friends only.

Mollymop
23-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I have set my facebook up so that only I can add people and they can't add me because I am invisable to them. It's good if there are people out there who you don't want knowing you are on there.
Before I chose this setting I had messages off people I didn;t even know - all the time men who say they want to be my friend and even asking if I am single!! (I obviously ignored them) I feel safer this way

sue m
23-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I have set my facebook up so that only I can add people and they can't add me because I am invisable to them. It's good if there are people out there who you don't want knowing you are on there.
Before I chose this setting I had messages off people I didn;t even know - all the time men who say they want to be my friend and even asking if I am single!! (I obviously ignored them) I feel safer this way

I've only had two strange men (!) wanting to add me as a friend and have ignored them. Maybe I should do the privacy thing but I haven't had a problem that I know of.

miss muffit
23-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Apparently if you apply for a job your potential employers check you out on facebook!!!!! No wonder my 19 year old is having problems getting a job!!!

Oh bless,
hope he/she finds work soon

balloon
24-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I used a nickname on FB simply because I didn't want all and sundry from my past popping up to be my buddy when I haven't spoken to them or even thought about them for over 30 years, lol! Now I use my real name and just click that ignore button a lot, lol!

My son has had old school friends persistently nagging him to add them and then they never speak to him on there!

Bex1
25-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I only put my name and photo's of me and my family are only available to 'friends only' any info about date of birth, location etc are not on there! I only accept friends request from people I actually know, rather than some random person I went to primary school with who is not a 'friend' so to speak!

brightstar
26-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Most of my facebook friends are from the forum, I hope I can trust you all?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: