PDA

View Full Version : Vetting and Barring costs are to be paid for by ......

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2009, 08:30 PM
The DCSF - :clapping: :clapping: not us.

This was on their website today:

We have now had confirmation from DCSF that the cost of registering on the new VBS will be paid in full for current and new childminders and their family members which is good news. This has been posted up on our website today .

The exact information from DCSF is as follows:

'Registration on the new Vetting and Barring Scheme (VBS), with the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) will be phased in over a 5 year period. Part of the process for ISA registration includes an application for an enhanced CRB disclosure.

From July 2010 to March 2011 ISA registrations will only be for new Ofsted registered childcare providers, new childcare employees and new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises . From April 2011 registrations will additionally begin for the existing workforce and existing childminder household members, but given the volume of ISA registrations needed these will be phased in gradually.

Once registrations for the scheme starts in July next year DCSF will be subsiding the total cost of ISA registration (£64 per person) for new Ofsted registered childcare provision, new childcare employees, new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises. DCSF will also be subsidising the total cost of ISA registration from April 2011 for existing provision.'

Can anyone make sense of this? I have re read it and I think that in the first paragraph it says we won't have to pay and in the last one that we will be subsidised.

Maybe it is late?

Twinkle
22-10-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm with you Debbie, it seems to contradict itself!

Should we expect anything different though :laughing:

tulip0803
22-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Once registrations for the scheme starts in July next year DCSF will be subsiding the total cost of ISA registration (£64 per person) for new Ofsted registered childcare provision, new childcare employees, new childminders and other household members, aged 16 and over, in childminding premises. DCSF will also be subsidising the total cost of ISA registration from April 2011 for existing provision.'

Can anyone make sense of this? I have re read it and I think that in the first paragraph it says we won't have to pay and in the last one that we will be subsidised.

Maybe it is late?

It says subsidising the total cost - so all of it as I read. typical government speak - say things vaguely then you can backtrack later without anyone noticing:rolleyes:

Hope The Welsh Assembly arrange something similar here

Chatterbox Childcare
23-10-2009, 07:14 AM
The NCMA sent this to me and I have asked for clarification from them

Glad it wasn't me... :laughing: