PDA

View Full Version : My friend - spare a prayer or thought please

Pipsqueak
22-10-2009, 03:23 PM
who is a childminder (she doesn't use the forum and lives a way from me) -
if you can spare a thought or prayer for her please
She rang me today to let me know she found a lump in her breast two weeks ago, had biopsy and it is shown to be cancerous. She goes for full results and consult next week but already knows she will have to have 15days radiotherapy.

She has 'farmed' out her mindees to her c/m friends and bless their hearts (and a big cheer to them too) they are giving her the money they get for the children they are looking after for her so she isn't losing her wage:clapping:

My friend is well emotionally and mentally, she is a strong person, she has a great family support system (and c/m network) - she said her 7yr old daughter is driving her nuts by treating her like an invalid!!! lol

Her urge to me (which I already do) - check yourself reguarly -as she did/does - as she has caught it in the early stages:thumbsup:

Daftbat
22-10-2009, 03:30 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend - its so important to keep examining yourself - I hope that they catch everything in time - the odds are on her side:group hug:

LOOPYLISA
22-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Thinking of your friend x

jeanybeany
22-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Got tears in my eyes now. My heart goes out to your friend and I hope she gets better soon. What wonderful CM to do that for her as well..........

Let us know how she is.

Jeanybeany

nannymcflea
22-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

nell57
22-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Special thoughts to your friend Pip

What a lovely gesture from the other minders as well:clapping: :thumbsup:

sue m
22-10-2009, 04:03 PM
All good wishes to your friend Pip, it must be something we all dread. I never check myself which is really bad. I've just spoken to the secretary at Steve's home and she's going in next week for the same thing.

The other minders are fabulous for doing that.

ajs
22-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Got tears in my eyes now. My heart goes out to your friend and I hope she gets better soon. What wonderful CM to do that for her as well..........

Let us know how she is.

Jeanybeany

i have tears inmy eyes too

we have two friends both who are beating this disease and a relation who unfortunately who isn't

i hope all goes well for your friend, she is in my thoughts xxx

Pipsqueak
22-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Thank you all - for those of you who know people fighting this - my heart and wishes to you and them too.

Breast cancer runs through the maternal side in my family and I do check myself - just not as reguarly as I perhaps should

~Chelle~
22-10-2009, 04:17 PM
My thoughts are with her.

I am pleased that she has such nice childminding friends who are helping her out.

Hope she recovers soon xxxx

PixiePetal
22-10-2009, 04:34 PM
My thoughts are with her xxhugsxx

A CM friend of mine has been through it so I am fully aware. She is fine now just occasional check ups. :) She is an amazingly strong woman and has been through family trauma while dealing with this, she is an inspiration :) :)

Twinkle
22-10-2009, 04:47 PM
My thoughts are with your friend xxx

Minstrel
22-10-2009, 06:03 PM
How wonderful of her CM friends to do that for her.

Big hugs and happy thoughts for your friend and wishing her a speedy recovery.

xxxxxxxxxx

Spangles
22-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I will think of your friend and wish her a fast recovery.

xxx

doodles
22-10-2009, 06:21 PM
My thoughts are with her. What lovely friends she has helping her out like that. Hope she makes a full and fast recovery xx

RachelE
22-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Lots of positive thoughts for your friend.

- and a massive well done to her friends!

I found a lump - whilst scratching my breast :blush: a few months ago. Luckily it was nothing but it has made me check really often now.

I hope you friend has a quick recovery.

Rachel x

TheBTeam
22-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I will pray for her to be strong and keep her support and make a full recovery, good to have caught it early.

I had lumps about 8 years ago, but they turned out to be nothing, i was just pregnant with my dd when i found them, you should check regularly!

emler
22-10-2009, 06:39 PM
What fantastic friends those other childminders obviously are to her. Thoughts are with your friend - wishing her a speedy recovery x

LittleAcorns
22-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Pip, I do hope she makes a speedy recovery, I hope your ok too, as when its someone close to us it can have a big impact xx

jelly15
22-10-2009, 07:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers with your friend, her family and freinds. Known many people who have suffered breast cancer, some won their fight some didn't, please God your friend is one of the winners.

Jelly

Maguiresmonkeys
22-10-2009, 07:49 PM
My thoughts are with your friend and hoping she makes a full recovery xxxxxx

:group hug:

breezy
22-10-2009, 07:54 PM
love and hugs x

sarah707
22-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Prayers for your friend xx

janminder
22-10-2009, 08:28 PM
My thoughts are with your friend and I wish her a speedy recovery

daisyboo1980
22-10-2009, 08:37 PM
sending a wee prayer for u and ur friend xx

HomefromHome
22-10-2009, 08:40 PM
having had a scare myself last year am sending lots of possy thoughts, hugs and love!!!!!:)

Alibali
22-10-2009, 08:42 PM
My friend was diagnosed with breast cancer last June and has just completed all her treatment, she coped really well with it all, she also has young children, 12, 10 and 6yrs so had to get better for them.

She is a Christian too and she says that knowing peoplee were praying for her really helped, and she believes her faith also got her through.

I will certainly pray for your friend.

Andrea08
22-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Im so sorry and my thoughts go out to your friend,

wow and i raise my glass to her C/M friends not just for standing in but to donate their money is fantastic,, it just goes to show we may work alone but we have a great support network out there,,,

is there anything that can be said to show appreciation to her C/M Friends.

Love n (((Huggz)))
Andrea

MarpleJollytots
22-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Im really sorry to hear that,will be thinking of her and you also xxxxxxxxx

Cazz
22-10-2009, 08:53 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend.

It's one of those things that you dread and I have to say I don't check as often as I should.

As everyone has said, what fantastic childminders to do that for her.

My best wishes for a full recovery.

wendywu
22-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Just caught this thread. Poor girl, it must be such a worry. I will be thinking of you both, as it is very hard to see a friend suffer. Hugs xx

angeldelight
25-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Thinking of your friend and praying everything is ok

Hope you are ok too

Hugs

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
25-10-2009, 10:59 AM
My thoughts go to your friend.

I have a childminder within my group that found a lump some 8 years ago and now and has had the treatment, masectomy as it runs in her family and has been in remission.

Tell your friend to be positive and I hope that the treatment progresses well.

LittleMissSparkles
25-10-2009, 05:44 PM
sending my love to your friend and you too babe xxxx

Mollymop
25-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Thoughts to your friend and lots of wishes that she will be ok! x

zillervalley
25-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi

I am sorry to hear about your friend, hears hoping that because she has checked herself they will be able to kill off all the cancer,

how nice of the childminders to do what they have done for her they are sure amazing

having had a bad year myself with dh and aunt both with cancer I can relate to what she is going through,

you take care too

ziller

Monkey1
26-10-2009, 06:59 AM
Sending good vibes to your friend. Hope she recovers quickly x

Playmate
26-10-2009, 07:51 AM
My prayers are certainly with your friend and how fantastic to have such kind friends :clapping:

SandCastles
26-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Thinking of you and your friend, this disease affects so many people, directly or indirectly, hoping for the best possible outcome.
My DH has been in remission for 9 months, but I re-live the dreaded moment the results came back positive each time he looks to be in pain, or if he looks slightly off colour, but I know he was strong to endure his treatment and we are now looking towards the future, as your life seems to go on hold during the treatment.

jumpinjen
26-10-2009, 10:04 PM
will be saying aprayer for your friend tonight, and for her friends who are so lovengly helping out!

jenni

Tups
26-10-2009, 10:35 PM
I hope your friend is o k thinking of her x