View Full Version : Do you have to inform the enviormental health?

22-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Can someone please help answer this question for me.

If your a childminder and you provide food do you leagally have to inform the enviromental health? I completed a food safety in catering course and i dont remeber them telling us we had to inform the enviromental health.

Ofsted said they are phoning either this week or next to arrange my inspection so i would like to get this sorted ASAP.


22-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Think it depends on your local authority?
Might be worth just giving them a call to ask.
I had to register with mine if I was providing any 'hot' meals, but not if it was just the cold pack lunches they brought with them.
Just had to fill in a very quick Food Safety questionnaire for them, which if you've done a Food Hygiene course you'll find a breeze - all common sense!

22-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Yes you should be registered with environmental health. You should find their telephone number in your local telephone directory. Ring them and explain you are a childminder. Different areas have different requirements but they will tell you what you need to do.

22-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes you should register with enviro health.

You can also get teh Safer Food Better Business Pack for childminders from the food standards agency

Tiger Lilly
22-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Beccy, tell me know what they say if you call them , i need to, to.xx

22-10-2009, 08:21 PM
It is in the Eyfs so yes, you need to give them a call and register.

If they say (like my area) that they'd rather you didn't just yet, ask for it in writing to show Ofsted.

Hth :D