PDA

View Full Version : Letter from school

Hebs
22-10-2009, 01:02 PM
yesterday the kids came home with a letter saying that in the last week 9 kids have been confirmed as having swine flu :panic:

is anyone else having "confirmed cases" near them again??

Pipsqueak
22-10-2009, 01:04 PM
not sure how they are 'confirming' it but if its been 'confirmed' then its been done by blood/swab test.

the confirmation is coming from the swine flu checker which IMO verifies that most people with even remote symptoms have 'swine flu':eek:

Hebs
22-10-2009, 01:10 PM
it was an official letter from the education dept, not a normal run of the mill school done letter :panic:

Mark's teacher has been off all week, aparently they are waiting for his test results to come back :panic:

devoncm
23-10-2009, 11:33 AM
My mindees school had cases couple weeks ago-half the school was off and half of them had confirmed swine flu!

Luckily my mindee didntcatch anything considering her family were ill, not s.f thankfully

Spangles
23-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I didn't think they were 'confirming' swine flu anymore? Isn't the national pandemic line/website just assuming now if you have enough of the symptoms?

I think many people who've been told they have swine flu had nothing of the sort!

If you have flu you are really, really ill and unable to do anything and struggle to get out of bed. Many people who say they have it still seem to be doing every day things with a headache and runny nose so I can't see how that's flu?

Mouse
23-10-2009, 12:05 PM
One of my sons is just getting over flu. He's never ill, but this put him in bed for 3 days, unable to do anything. He's been left with a hacking cough, but has made it back to school.

I didn't take him to the GP & didn't do the online checker. I know if I had done the checker it would have said he had swine flu, but we just managed it with paracetamol & ibruprofen. He said there have been lots of children off school, some saying with swine flu, others not saying that, but showing exactly the same symptoms. I don't see how they can accurately say what the figures are.

jeanybeany
23-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Myself and my youngest had swine flu (according to the NHS), last week. We both didn't get out of bed for 4 days and we still have a cough now and I have earache still and am still getting really tired like my lo. I think the tamiflu helped me loads, not sure for my lo, he was sick after having it and wouldn't take it again!

Hope everyone is well soon

Jeanybeany

Mollymop
23-10-2009, 12:44 PM
We are still getting cases here, but I am trying not to worry about it too much at the moment - I really don't want any of us to get it.

Zoomie
23-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Beginning of last week, we had letter home saying 15 children and 6 teachers were off. Later that week my son said that there were rows and rows of children missing from the assembly (normally hall is packed). He came down it swine flu on Friday and was really unwell until Monday. :(

23-10-2009, 12:58 PM
We are having lots of cases of it in our school however the school have only written to the parents of the years that it is in rather than writing to the whole school which I find rather alarming. I think they should be letting all of the parents know across the school especially as a 9 year old girl in one of our local schools has just died :(

Blackhorse
23-10-2009, 01:06 PM
havent heard much around here...

but this whole swine flu confirming thing is a bit odd...dont think it gives an accurate picture.
I mean even without swine flu...you hear all these people saying...oh I have the flu...but they are still up and about...if they have the flu (whatever kind be it swine...or normal or whatever else ones are about) they would be in bed and not up and about

So I dont particularly believe the numbers anyways. It is autmn and a lot of people will be sick..sore heads, runny noses, sore throats...having a good old cold or somehting similar.

Also I dont want to get the normal seasonal flu any more or less than swine flu.