PDA

View Full Version : Some parents are soooo nice!!!

Lady Haha
22-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Just texted a mum to say I can't work tomorrows inset day as arranged because I'm feeling really ill! She texted straight back saying that was fine, thanks for letting her know and was there anything she could get me??? I thought that was so nice of her! I texted back to say thanks for being so understanding and I hate letting people down. She texted back to say 'Don't be daft, you're only human, I wouldn't want to be ill with a load of energy filled children either!'

I'm quite touched!

chewy sweets
22-10-2009, 10:39 AM
that's so sweet. Some parents can be really nice and understanding- i won't mention the others! :laughing:

Ripeberry
22-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Awww, she's looking after you :) Understanding parents are wonderfull :clapping:

chels55
22-10-2009, 11:29 AM
That's really nice of her
It's nice to have understanding parents

LittleAcorns
22-10-2009, 11:46 AM
How lovely of her, and hope you feel better soon :laughing:

TheBTeam
22-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh that is lovely, I have a mix of parents:rolleyes:

huggableshelly
22-10-2009, 11:59 AM
very sweet of her

CherryBlossom
22-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Arr thats really lovely-thanks for sharing it!
Often all you see on here is about the meanie parents..its good to know there are some gems out there!
x

Hebs
22-10-2009, 12:33 PM
on saturday i had one parent ringing me and texting me offering to take me to the hospital rather than driving myself (had emergency app)
she then asked me if i wanted her to have my kids overnight so i could rest
:blush:

bless her, shame i only have her LO 1 day a week :laughing:

fantastic family, adorable little one too :D

Goatgirl
22-10-2009, 12:39 PM
That is sweet :) .
Parents are just people too, I guess: good 'uns and bad 'uns!
I am lucky with my current ones.... When my daughter had an accident and we were stuck in hospital a couple of weeks ago, just 4 days after they'd started with me, a new set of parents were great: very understanding of short notice time off and offering to 'pop to sainsburies', emailing cute 'cheer you up' pics and txts. My longstanding good parents too were great - offering us lifts to hospital etc, even though it would have meant them taking time off work :D

....'course, then you get the ones who you bend over backwards to accommodate (college funding in arrears), book a full time space, only turn up twice in a fortnight, despite telling you otherwise, refuse to give notice as they say they still need you... and you don't realise till you get a call from the college saying they can't pay, that they've actually not even been attending!!!

You've gotta laugh.... :laughing:

Glad you've managed to bag a good 'un :)

bws, Wendy

Lady Haha
22-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Ah, I knew it was too good to be true!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Picked this mindee up from school today and in her book bag is a cheque for next two weeks.....with a note explaining that as mindee is at dads over half term, I won't be needed and that days fees has been deducted from cheque.........:rolleyes:

Have put a note back in book bag saying that as mum perhaps didn't realise that full fees are payable for absence, I will charge half rate this time as a gesture of good will and have reworked out what the cheque is for!!!