and a space hopefully filled
adhoc 2yr old with variation

my 4yr old
my 5yr old
mindee 5yr old
adhoc 6yr old with no variation at present as have a space up to sept 2010

8yr old
9yr old

How do Ofsted work it as my own DD will turn 4 and be in school but I am already full in the 5-8 bracket.

nikim
22-10-2009, 01:14 PM
i am pretty sure that the general rule regarding under 5's in full time ed , do not apply to your own children , your current certificate will say something like "registered to look after a maximum of 2 under 5's", as this will take into account your own child , to care for 3 under 5's you would need your certificate changed and you wont be able to do this untill your child is 5, then you will need to put it in writing and they will send you a new certificate , hope that answers your question :)

MissTinkerbell
22-10-2009, 03:01 PM
But surely if the rule states that once a rising 5 is in full time education they count as 5-8 for your ratios, that should also apply to your own children?

I currently have two 4 year olds in full time education so are classed as 5-8 for my ratios. My own 3 year old twins start school next September. I lose both of the 4 year olds; one in April as mum is having a new baby; one in June as dad is posted and am taking back my old mindee and her new brother from 2nd week of new school year when my own 2 start school full-time due to the above wording.

So does this mean I can no longer do this?

Ratio wise it will be no different to my situation at the moment:

Five under 5s but 2 in full-time school...

singingcactus
22-10-2009, 03:06 PM
If you are only allowed 6 under 8 (including your own children in these numbers, and variations aside) then that is all you will be allowed. You would either not be able to fill an under 5 spot with another child to replace your child OR you will have to let one of the older under 8's go.
If you don't fill your sons vacancy then it makes no difference as you would still be in your numbers, but on a regular certificate you can have 6 children under 8 only.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Your certificatte will say at present 4 under 8 so it doesn't matter where you little one fits in but if it says no more than 2 under 5 you will need to have that changed to 3 under 5.

Minstrel
22-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I was going to say the same as above.

There is no fixed amount for 5-8's as long as you have no more than a total of 6 under 8 and of those only 3 under 5. It doesnt specifically say that no more than 3 can be 5 to 8.