PDA

View Full Version : Need simple idea for mindee to make for parents

singlewiththree
22-10-2009, 10:12 AM
for christmas. I have 7mth and 4yr old siblings, 5yr and 9yr old siblings and an 19mth old.

I have thought about the canvas idea but can you think of anything else. The baby has only just started to can't do a photo calendar.

chewy sweets
22-10-2009, 10:14 AM
for christmas. I have 7mth and 4yr old siblings, 5yr and 9yr old siblings and an 19mth old.

I have thought about the canvas idea but can you think of anything else. The baby has only just started to can't do a photo calendar.

How about clay/plaster hand and foot prints????

mama2three
22-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Angel posted some angels on the christmas activity or photos threads if you can find them - they were hand print wings , footprint bodies and a little poem. They would be lovely whatever age. Thats what Im making anyway , and will laminate them and put some ribbon on to hang up x

green puppy
22-10-2009, 12:58 PM
My 20mth mindee did some squiggles on a plain mug for his nans birthday. You can use acrylic pens or paints for finger painting or hand prints ( check for allergies ). You then put it in the oven to fix the colour, it looked really good. Mugs come from baker ross.

Winnie
22-10-2009, 01:12 PM

We did hand mounds today- is that the right term :o we have a mini hand theme going on and the lo are under 2. I had some well used playdough ready to throw out so before it went in the bin i pushed the lo hands into it. I had to build up the sides of the impressions first by adding playdough worms & moulding it, then i filled them with plaster of paris. It has worked well & only left small traces of pink playdough behind which i'm removing carefully. You can even makeout the life lines on their hands.
I'm not keeping them for Christmas, their parents will be taking them home once they have dried properly so i will need to find another gift idea :)

The Juggler
22-10-2009, 10:13 PM

yellow moon and other catalogues do those lovely teatowels and posters ready for you to handprint with the little hands poem on. you can buy a set of 6 or so. lovely for the very littlies.