PDA

View Full Version : silly question...sorry

sweets
21-10-2009, 05:21 PM
my garden is sort of split into 3 areas, decking and patio, then grass then another patio. at the moment my playhouse is on the far patio which is great in the summer as its in the shade but during the winter its damp and never dries out and you have to go across the grass to get to it. for the winter months i am thinking of bringing onto the decking/top patio so it can be used more. but i have a crawling baby, do you let them out onto hard areas in the winter and what do they wear, she is always nicely dressed and i wouldnt want to send her home with holey trousers every day, dont mind sending her home dirty tho and im sure her parents wouldnt mind anyway, but does it not hurt their knees when crawling on patios, she is not the sort of child that would be happy sat in a pram watching the others as she is very active and stroppy! lol

nannymcflea
21-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd purchase a waterproof all in one so she can get grubby to her hearts desire.

sweets
21-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd purchase a waterproof all in one so she can get grubby to her hearts desire.

would it not just last 5 mins tho if they are crawling on hard patio with it?

nannymcflea
21-10-2009, 05:41 PM

I should think it would be fine. You could always get a washable padded toddler one from a charity shop,unless the lo is big, I think these go up to 18 months.At least she could stay out and be warm. OR get parents to send an extra pair of jogging bottoms to put over her clothes but then she would get wet.

Twinkles
21-10-2009, 05:48 PM
How about picking up a couple of pairs of denim dungarees from a jumble sale or charity shop to pop over her own clothes ?

lovemyprams
21-10-2009, 08:34 PM
My mindee had a padded dungaree winter outfit which was fantastic and he could crawl round in the garden in all weathers. It kept him warm and dry.

Alternatively, ask parents to provide a few cheap tracksuit bottoms as spares so you can change her into.

Unless you buy some padded skateboard kneepads!!!!:laughing:

Angela234
21-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I get in some old trousers i also put down foam mats over 1/2 of the patio so its a lot softer and warmer on very cold days

singlewiththree
22-10-2009, 09:02 AM
I put down the foam letters/numbers/hop scotch that sort of thing so it covers a large area then it doesn't hurt so much then just put a pair of trousers on them that are usually my spares.

The Juggler
22-10-2009, 10:10 AM

if she'd doing that it's worth investing in some of those good scandinavian outdoor clothes. They do padded trousers with braces from 6 months upwards. would save her knees too! Regatta do all in ones (not padded) suits with over bootees for £15 and I think you will find those padded dungarees for around £12-£30 depending on the website. Check out waterproofworld.co.uk