PDA

View Full Version : Children Centres and mobiles

Lily Grace
21-10-2009, 03:54 PM
I went to my local childrens centre today and we were all handed a slip of paper saying that we are not allowed to use mobiles in the centre. We are allowed to use them outside the centre. This is probably a reaction to the nursery nurses that have been in the news recently and the fact the centre has an Ofsted inspection soon. Bit of a pain really as if you have a few minded children do I have to stand outside with them if I need to make a call. What happens if someone calls me do I have run outside every time with all the children!!

FizzysFriends
21-10-2009, 03:58 PM
no idea because there is no reception in our childrens centre, if I need to make a call (usually to ask a parent to collect from there as we want to stay longer) I open the fire escape and stand just outside so I can still see the children. If I went out the main enterance you have to go down the corridor and out and then wait to be let back in again and its too far from the mindees.

donnagwynne
21-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Well it looks like our local day nursery has also stopped it's employees from having their mobile phones on them too.

Whilst I was picking up a LO from nursery school today, the day nursery staff were also collecting, and one of the girls had to go into the school office to take a telephone call from their nursery. They always used to carry their phones on them all of the time until now.

But they all walk from school back to their nursery, what would happen if there was an accident or something on the way back? It does not sound very safe to me.

Donna

sarah707
21-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I need mine in case parents try to contact me...

It would be wrong to say I'm out of contact for 2 hours parents would not be impressed. :(

Plus my own children might need me...

sweets
21-10-2009, 06:11 PM
i would have mine in my pocket on vibrate. no way would i turn it off for 2 hours.

wendywu
21-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Just get a basic phone that has no camera. :)

Its almost like saying that its not the abuse that was wrong, but the taking photos of the abuse. :panic:

mummyroysof3
21-10-2009, 07:08 PM
At our centre we havent been told this, at groups with my own children if i want to make/take a call we just go stand in the little fenced in playground so we can look in room through door/windows

hopefully they wont stop us, i understand the reasoning but its not very practical is it?

charlotte x

nikim
21-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Its almost like saying that its not the abuse that was wrong, but the taking photos of the abuse. :panic:

exactly i dont think this rule would of stopped these people from abusing those poor children , i just think it makes nurserys etc look better if they are seen to do this , afterall these children would still of been abused had the staff not had phones and even if they had of banned mobile phones in these nurserys then i dont think that would of stopped these people from taking photos, unless nurserys are going to start searching staff on arrival :(

MarpleJollytots
21-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Do you think taking photos for Obs will have to stop ? Maybe no photos full stop.

Rubybubbles
21-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought you meant like baby hanging mobiles:laughing: :laughing:

I was in my local cc today and noone said anything to me about it! I need it on me at all times ICE:idea: :rolleyes:

tammerisk
21-10-2009, 08:27 PM
i poste da thread about this a while ago went back ot my local center to run or childminding group in setp and was told this we ware i nthe prosess of sorting abou tthe cametra thigna s we are not aloud to us eour own one of them either but they have agreed to let us you theres and print out the pics but still discussing how many pics and weather they will charge for then!!!!!

talk about pushing childminders out.

this will eventually become the norm with all centers but at the mo it is up to the indivdual center

i don't think an yin norhtampton will let you use them and pen green in corby i think is the one i know of