PDA

View Full Version : Productive Morning!!!

maisiemog
21-10-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm feeling very chuffed with myself as I have got loads done this morning!!! I've rang my local FIS to register my details with them for them to advertise me. I've just registered as self employed and written out a shopping list if things I still need. Plus a huge to-do list that I'm getting my hubby to work through with me the next few weeks! We're heading off to Fuerteventura in a few weeks so not planning on starting until after that and thinking with Christmas looming it'll most likely be January when I start! Oh I've also posted off my form to get my free NCMA starter kit! Also upgraded the car insurance to business. If I'd realised it was actually no more expensive to do this I'd have had it before!! Mind you we only have one car and more often than not my hubby uses it!

Also completely blitzing my front and dining rooms to make sure they are definately up to standard for the children I'll be minding. My little girl has loved all the chaos and spent most of that time trying to eat my dvd cases!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to sit and type up all my policies and procedures (have handwritten them) and create some planning forms and permission slips etc. Plus I'm gonna go shopping. If anybody can recommend any essential buys they used I'd appreciate it! I'm buying toy storage mostly.

Minstrel
21-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Wow you have been busy!

Well on toystorage front- OFSTED like resources to be accessable to the children for them to help themselves. Ikea do a great system called trofast which even if you cant stretch to , would be useful to get ideas from.

Think about labelling to boxes or using clear boxes. However , remember that it is still your home and if to be kept in a room that you use as a 'grown up' space then wicker/canvas stoage can be a great compromise.

A decent book shelf is a must in this house- we have tons and quickly escalates! A nice table and chairs is always well used whether its for eating or crafting/drawing.

Happy Spending!!

mama2three
21-10-2009, 05:02 PM
essential buys - after the day ive had ..paracetamol and lots of wine! :) things id forgotten at first - fridge thermometer , messy play aprons , individual towels , hth x

RachelE
21-10-2009, 06:54 PM
- look for the ikea units on Ebay. There's been loads on reently and if you can find one locally, you could grab yourself a bargain! :thumbsup:

maisiemog
22-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Will look for them but think for the time being I'm gonna buy a couple of cheap argos pine shelves and stick clear boxes on them plus a couple of bigger boxes for my craft stuff and the mega blocks.

Still feel like I have loads to do and will never be ready for having mindees!!