PDA

View Full Version : Bet you haven't been asked this.....

chels55
21-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Dad has brought his son to me and told me he has tried to cut little ones nails, then asked if i would mind biting lo nails for him :laughing:

chels55
21-10-2009, 07:30 AM
By the way i refused:ROFL1:

suzyblue
21-10-2009, 07:32 AM
No, not been asked that one!! I dont think your allowed to even cut a childs nails - could be seen as child abuse!!!

sue m
21-10-2009, 07:38 AM
I've been asked to cut lo's nails but not bite them :eek: Little boy wouldn't let Mum or Dad cut them but he let me Eeeuuuwww. Bite them??? :panic: This is going back many years, before Ofsted. ;)

PixiePetal
21-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I've been asked to cut lo's nails but not bite them :eek: Little boy wouldn't let Mum or Dad cut them but he let me Eeeuuuwww. Bite them??? :panic: This is going back many years, before Ofsted. ;)

I have too, in the 'olden days' before Ofsted been asked to cut them. First time parents are sometimes too scared to do it and babies scratch themselves. I would however not bite them :laughing:

sue m
21-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Me neither Jen, not even in the old days. This lo was about 3 years old and just refused to let Mum or Dad cut his nails so I did it. They asked me every time after that. He's 16 now and moved away so I don't do them now. ;) Some things were so much easier B.O. :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
21-10-2009, 08:01 AM
When I worked at a care home, we weren't even allowed to do it then, to adults.

I used to bite my own babies awwww memories :D

angeldelight
21-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Right or wrong I could not even bite my own nails never mind some one elses yuk yuk yuk

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Lady Haha
21-10-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm guilty of asking nursery to cut my sons nails because he wouldn't let me!!!!! I did ask really nicely though and said I knew it was beyond the call of duty!!!! But they were a nice bunch!

Pudding Girl
21-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Nails I mean! :laughing: :p

sue m
21-10-2009, 08:11 AM

OMG I can't even cut my husband's nails, he's in the home and they are often disgusting and I dread to think what it is :eek: :eek: I did them once and they brought me latex gloves to wear!

My dil used to bite Hollie's nails.

PixiePetal
21-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Me neither Jen, not even in the old days. This lo was about 3 years old and just refused to let Mum or Dad cut his nails so I did it. They asked me every time after that. He's 16 now and moved away so I don't do them now. ;) Some things were so much easier B.O. :rolleyes:

Lots of things were easier pre Ofsted.:rolleyes: Like when you had finished for the day, tidied toys away - that was it, day over. No paperwork except accounts, register and accident book. :thumbsup:

Minstrel
21-10-2009, 12:09 PM
One mum asked me to do it one the very first visit (cut not bite) and i did it!

I honestly didnt mind and mum was present.

Andrea08
21-10-2009, 12:58 PM
lol Oh Dear i must be bad coz i always use to bite my own LO's nails after their bath just didnt keep still to cut them. the Lo im looking after at the mo had a broken nail and i helped him twist it off and he just smiled at me bless.

Alibali
21-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I've cut nails before, young mum was terrified to do it, not a problem, happy to be of assistance. I would draw the line at biting them though.

miffy
21-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh yuck! You're right, I've never been asked to do that, thankfully!

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
21-10-2009, 01:19 PM
haha yep! I have!

I do sometimes cut little ones nails if parents ask and can't:) Don't see the problem myself! If I am looking after a baby 7:30-6 Mon-fri, last thing on parents mind :D

sue m
21-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Lots of things were easier pre Ofsted.:rolleyes: Like when you had finished for the day, tidied toys away - that was it, day over. No paperwork except accounts, register and accident book. :thumbsup:

Happy Memories!!!!!!

kindredspirits
21-10-2009, 03:05 PM
that is gross!!!!! I would be more worried about biting nails than cutting them - you can't see what you're doing!!!

angeldelight
21-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Dad has brought his son to me and told me he has tried to cut little ones nails, then asked if i would mind biting lo nails for him :laughing:

Just thought did they mean the finger nails or the toe ones :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

georgie456
21-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I cut my full timers nails as he won't sit still for parents - from Ofsted's point of view should I not be then?

However, biting them? Yuk!!!

sunnysmile
21-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I have done a little ones nails a few times as mum and dad seem to forget or are scared to and the little one scratches himself horribly so I would rather cut nails than see him draw blood

Hanabana
21-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I cut my full timers nails as he won't sit still for parents - from Ofsted's point of view should I not be then?

i was going to ask the same thing. i am yet to be asked about nails BUT my own DS won't sit still to have his done so i cut them when he is having his daytime nap. i kind of assumed that a few other parents did this so i might come across it minding???...