PDA

View Full Version : Well there was a twist I didn't see coming!

Vyx
21-10-2009, 07:02 AM
There I was working through my ICC, making (loose) plans, researching and fantasising about the day I hand my notice in at the job I am hating more each day, and what happens? Redundancy.

They were asking for voluntary as they need to lose one of 6 out of the office, 2 of the younger girls were in tears coz they assume it will be one of them that has to go as they were last in :( So I had a discussion with my boss, got the figures etc and talked it over with my DH last night. Will give the boss my decision at 9am.

Quite scary! But I am going to leave in a few months anyway (and I'd not be able to live with myself if one of the younger girls got made redundant then I left a few months later) and if I just hand my notice in then I won't have the benefit of the safety net of a redundancy payout. Would have better if it was in January but hey ho!

So I leave on Friday! Won't be that sad to go tbh. Going to get signed on with some temp agencies and the Royal Mail are taking on 30,000 Christmas staff and we have a main sorting office half a mile from our new house (we move on 31st October) so I hope to not have to dip into my payout too much and save it for the transition to childminding.

So! There's my news.

xx

Chatterbox Childcare
21-10-2009, 07:07 AM
What a bonus - great news

Twinkles
21-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Wow ! Thats not bad timing. I hope you get a good redundancy package and get some mindees soon.

Do you believe in signs ??? :D

TheBTeam
21-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Sometimes these things just fall into place!

Andrea08
21-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Im a firm believer in fate hun xxx
bonus for you and good luck x x x

mojo0403
21-10-2009, 10:44 AM
There I was working through my ICC, making (loose) plans, researching and fantasising about the day I hand my notice in at the job I am hating more each day, and what happens? Redundancy.

They were asking for voluntary as they need to lose one of 6 out of the office, 2 of the younger girls were in tears coz they assume it will be one of them that has to go as they were last in :( So I had a discussion with my boss, got the figures etc and talked it over with my DH last night. Will give the boss my decision at 9am.

Quite scary! But I am going to leave in a few months anyway (and I'd not be able to live with myself if one of the younger girls got made redundant then I left a few months later) and if I just hand my notice in then I won't have the benefit of the safety net of a redundancy payout. Would have better if it was in January but hey ho!

So I leave on Friday! Won't be that sad to go tbh. Going to get signed on with some temp agencies and the Royal Mail are taking on 30,000 Christmas staff and we have a main sorting office half a mile from our new house (we move on 31st October) so I hope to not have to dip into my payout too much and save it for the transition to childminding.

So! There's my news.

xx

Same here, I was going to hand my notice in January but made redundant Friday. Branch doesnt close until 8th Jan so sticking it out til then. Just need to get things moving now with ofsted.

Goodluck with your temporary position :thumbsup:

Jo

Alibali
21-10-2009, 01:25 PM
That's worked out really well:)

miffy
21-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Great timing - imagine how peeved you'd be if you'd handed in your notice and then they'd announced redundancies!

Good luck with your house move and your new career

Miffy xx

carebear25
21-10-2009, 03:09 PM
I believe things happening for a reason - good luck with everything xx

Alz
21-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Me too, me too!!!!!...they have made two other people redundant and I have just had my voluntary redundancy application accepted and will be finishing at the end of November!

It's weird how these things happen isn't it!?!?! :D

Can put all our efforts into minding...I am finding it tiring having a p/t job, a LO and doing minding too...not because of the physical aspect but I feel like I'm trying to keep too many balls in the air IYSWIM.

Anyway...good luck to you!!! :thumbsup:

sarah707
21-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Things often happen for a reason :D

Vyx
22-10-2009, 07:09 AM
LOL it's so funny, everyone else in my life is like "Oh no :eek: :panic: that's awful, what are you going to do?" yet on here it's all "Yay!" lol

Someone asked me if I believe in signs and yes I do :laughing: I decided to become a childminder and whaddaya know the next course started like 3 weeks later, we decide to move and found a new house really quickly which we move into on the 31st October which to most people is Halloween but to people of the pagan pursuasion (like me) it's also New Year so a very good omen.

Many thanks for all of your comments and I hope things work out for all of you who have found yourself in a similar situation.

xx

huggableshelly
22-10-2009, 07:13 AM
yay best of luck to you, everything is falling into place and you seem really happy too BRILL! :clapping:

Monkey1
22-10-2009, 12:57 PM
in the words of the a team ''i love it when a plan comes together!'':D

ORKSIE
22-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Fantastic Timing:clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
22-10-2009, 01:22 PM
same thing happened to me too :clapping:

was "out of work" for just 2 weeks :clapping: and haven't looked back :D