PDA

View Full Version : Permission forms

hello kitty
01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Hi, I am trying to get my paperwork up to date and in some form of order. I have permissions in place for the following but have I missed any do you think?

Observations
Photos/videos
Outings
Trampoline
Medicine
Dental
Large garden equipment
Emergency aid
Suncream

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sarah :)

sarah707
01-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi, I am trying to get my paperwork up to date and in some form of order. I have permissions in place for the following but have I missed any do you think?
Observations
Photos/videos
Outings
Trampoline
Medicine
Dental
Large garden equipment
Emergency aid
Suncream
Sarah :)

Voice recordings (I put it in with photos & DVDs)
Outings - make sure you include outings parents do and maybe don't know about in advance (long story involving malicious complaint)
First aid including adhesive dressings
Baby wipes if not provided
Leaving to sleep in a buggy if in best interests of child
Suncream - your own if parent does not supply
Large equipment - including at the park / ball pools at pubs etc

www.************* - has a useful list in their downloads :D

JO S
05-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in to this thread but I've got yet another stupid question. Do you have to get parents to give permission for physical contact between you and their child? I mean like cuddles, hugs ect.
I ask because I've just had to sign a form at my girls dancing class to say it is ok for the helpers to hold hands, cuddle if upset etc.
It seems a bit mad in a way but I suppose its to protect the adults from accusations and misinterpretation. What does everyone else do? I'm just scared of getting it wrong.
Sorry if I'm being thick (again!!)

Jo. x

sarah707
05-03-2008, 06:36 PM
It is an integral part of the EYFS (and Birth to 3 matters) that babies and children should be hugged and cuddled... read through the Personal, social and emotional development bits of the EYFS for evidence... eg

PSED (self confidence and self esteem) 0-11months - I find comfort in touch and in the human face and ... I gain physical, psychological and emotional comfort from snuggling in...

What I do have, however, as I work with a man, is a bit in my safeguarding children policy that makes it clear just what we, in this setting, consider to be appropriate physical contact...

And a reassurance that older children will not pick up babies / toddlers and sit them on their knees etc unless there is an adult present... sad but necessary I think in this day and age.

Hope this helps! :D

JO S
05-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Sarah, I knew you'd know!

JO. x