PDA

View Full Version : After school Pick up

Dgroove
20-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I have been talking to a neighbour about looking after her son as her current (unregistered) childminder is giving up. I have explained to her that I can not do it on the same basis as the CM she currently uses, ie not the same every week etc. She was fine with this and has agreed that I will collect him from school 4 days a week at 3.15 and she is home by 4.30 so she is paying me 1 1/2 hours 3.00 - 4.30. I will most likely be having him in the school holidays, but not necessarily all 4 days as Dad works shifts (which is why she doesn't have set days with current CM). I have said that when they are on holiday she will have to pay me for the time I am contracted to have him but not sure how to arrange the extra's as some days in the holidays Dad might not got to work until 2pm so she won't want me to pay me from 9am. I have 2 other children on my books that are term time only so my number's aren't a problem. Do I just do it on an as and when basis and if I can have him I will?
I hope this makes sense???!!!

Thanks

youarewhatyoueat
21-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I do adhoc holiday care as I do term time only contracts, but I ask for a minimum of 10 days notice, but you have to do what fits in with you. I tell parents they are welcome to ring and ask even the day before but I don't guarantee care unless booked 10 days in advance.

wendywu
21-10-2009, 07:21 AM
I would not have someone start at 2pm in the holidays, what if you were out and had to rush back just to be in for him.

In the summer we are out most days for the whole day.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
21-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Firstly is mum on tax credits? If so I would suggest to mum that she be contracted for the full amount of days that she needs and it will be less for her to pay than if she started at 2pm and paid for it all herself.

I would tie her down to specific times and days but personally would not start at 2pm - breaks my day up too much

miffy
21-10-2009, 01:23 PM
I would not have someone start at 2pm in the holidays, what if you were out and had to rush back just to be in for him.

In the summer we are out most days for the whole day.:)

I agree with this - I find it annoying if I have to wait for late-comers in the mornings so this would be a no-no for me.

You have to decide what fits in with you best and then charge accordingly - perhaps you could agree 1 or 2 days work a week, paid whether he attends or not?

Miffy xx

Andrea08
21-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Ditto, I would contract for the full days and not start at 2pm. if they dont use me they still have to pay except agreed holidays then i charge half.

good luck x

Dgroove
21-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies - I was thinking that it would be a waste of a day having to wait in until 2pm for him to start. I will have a chat with her tomorrow and explain that it would be pretty inconvenient to wait in until 2pm, I wouldn't mind if I was going to be at home. I think I will say to her if I am home I don't mind getting him then but if I am going out for the day she will have to get him to me in the morning and pay me for the day.
She is planning on paying me by busy bee's vouchers direct into my account. I have never used these, I was meant to ring NCMA today to find out if I can accept them ooops, on the list for tomorrow

nannymcflea
21-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I'd contract her for the times you will be available to work in the hols...or don't charge her for the days you need him to do extra hours in the morning,as it is you who is not going to be available for him not the other way round...IYSWIM and if she is contracted from 2pm it's not her fault if you won't be there.

does that make sense?

singlewiththree
22-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I would take from 2pm as I'm happy to go out for the morning and come in for crafts and chill for the afternoon.

I do term time only contracts and adhoc holidays too.

As for busy bees if you search on here a few people take them, you need to register with them I believe.