PDA

View Full Version : Electric appliance tersting

little_gems
20-10-2009, 03:55 PM
hi all

I was just wondering if any of you have your electrical appliances cheacked???

My husband is currently my assistant and is registering in his own right but while he was on his course they've said that all childminders should have thier appliances tested and have stickers on them.

i thought this was very strange but a few days ago i got a phone call off a company saying that i do need it and they could do it for £99 +vat im not sure what do to???

Any advice please??????

LisaMcNally09
20-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I checked this out when i was doing my ICP course in May. The development officer checked it out and at the moment childminders don't need it doing!

hth

Mcgons
20-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Not sure if this is right, but I think anyone can go on course to do this (pat testing?) and get certified so you can do your own. Don't know if it's expensive though. Think it basically involves checking the wires and the plug/fuse to make sure an appliance is working and fitted correctly.

sarah707
20-10-2009, 05:10 PM
It's a commonly held myth but as things stand at the moment it is not true.

You can find out about lots of myths here -

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/july.htm

babs
20-10-2009, 08:21 PM
my hubby runs a mobile disco and has to have this done, its done by a qualified electrician and he charges bout £2 per item..... so dont get dragged into payin £99.00 if u decide to have it done... but its not something that we need as childminders.