PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed at all

uf353432
20-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I was chatting to a childminder at the school gates who asked me if I knew the childcare link website was now down and the replacement had teething problems. I said I did.

She then asked if I knew that the list of childminders (full list will all personal data) had been passed to a childminder in the town so that she could field calls and pass on details of minders with vacancies as an interim solution to the problem locally. I said I did not.

Apparently without our permission - our personal data has been given to this childminder - who may or may not have a conflict of interests! Surely our local sure start CANNOT do that? I don't know this childminder and she doesn't know me - but the principle of a government office passing personal data to an individual - surely thats totally WRONG in every sense of the word?

I have emailed my surestart advisor - no reply as yet - but I am more that annoyed at this if its a true account!! :eek:

TheBTeam
20-10-2009, 12:30 PM
OMW, this has got to be wrong!

Mind you our childrens centre emailed all childminders personal details round to other childminders, home addresses, ofsted numbers, mobile and home phone numbers, so who knows what they think they can do.

Keep us posted Please!

jaja
20-10-2009, 12:36 PM
if this is the case my problem childminder in the area (see other post, ) then they have given her full permission to pass details only to people who she likes... this has to be stopped, it should be done by an independant person, xxx

The Juggler
20-10-2009, 01:12 PM
OMG! are you sure it's not just the list with names and phone numbers on that any parent might be entitled to see? people do get details wrong when they hear about things they don't like.

I hope this is the case otherwise I would report to Data Controllers office.

balijay
20-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't like the sound of this - I am new so the chances of another cm who won't have a clue who I am passing on my details are probably pretty slim. uf any word from surestart yet?

Winnie
20-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Umm...data protection issue :eek:
if its correct then they are in serious trouble

ajs
20-10-2009, 04:01 PM
nothing sure start do surprises me any more so i am not making any other comment

The Juggler
20-10-2009, 05:52 PM
ring this CM and pretend to be a parent. See what details she has or will give out. If she has been given personal information (more than you agreed to go on the childcare link) then you report it straight away to the data controllers office (can't remember what it's called now).

Your LA should be ashamed of themselves if it's true.

little_gems
20-10-2009, 06:32 PM
all childminders in our area were asked if we wanted for personal details to go line - home addres, phone numbr ect.
we could opt to put the local councils phone number on instead of our own. we had to sign a form to say they could use our detials.

uf353432
20-10-2009, 07:14 PM
well I emailed my local sure start contact last night and still no reply today.......still waiting to here how much and what information and on who's authorization...will keep you posted!

miffy
20-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I hope you get to the bottom of this - please keep us posted.

Miffy xx