PDA

View Full Version : Meals

newadventure
20-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm still deciding on what to do about mindees after a recent change of original plan but I have decided to plow on

My question is about food

I have a 5 month old baby so will be cooking food for him in the day anyway
so I dont have a problem doing lunch for mindees.

Its just tea If I have after school kids and parents are picking up at different times and I want to work til 5.30 at the latest so I can spend time with my own family will it be easier to just give a snack after school and let the parents feed the kids at home?

Can you provide meals for lunch but snacks for tea? Do you think this may put people off?

I have decided to cook most of the foods and either freeze them or cook them the night before. Some meals I an do during the day eg jacket pots

Any advice would be appreciated

suzyblue
20-10-2009, 12:28 PM
After years of trying to prepare food at different times I now only provide a cooked evening dinner if the children are with me till 5.30. I finish at 6 so quite a few are here but I was having a problem with mindees that left at 5. I would now offer them a snack after school and they would have their dinner at home with parents. I dont think this would put parents off.

nannymcflea
20-10-2009, 12:30 PM
If you want to do snacks for tea,thats fine,it's your business. I usually did a combo of hot/cold for lunch and rarely did a cooked tea as, like you said, it was my family time.

suzyblue
20-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh and offering cooked meals for lunch and more snackie food for the evening sounds good to me.