PDA

View Full Version : Phil and teds with a buggy board?

mumx3
20-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Is there anyone using a Phil and Teds with a Buggy board?

Is it ok?

I am trying to work out how to deal with three 1 year olds! Streets are too narrow for a triple round here.

nikim
20-10-2009, 10:58 AM
it wont fit with the second seat attatched under neath (i tried it), you may have to try something else , personally i think you would struggle to get a one year old to stand on a buggy board i did and now hes 2 he only just manages with lots of coaxing, what about one of those little seats that clip on the side not sure what they are called but im sure someone will come along soon with advice on what its called :)

helenlc
20-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Apparently you can fit a buggy pod on a Phil and Teds.

Or what about a strolli rider.

Google both of those and see what you think.

jeanybeany
20-10-2009, 07:49 PM
I would get a buggy pod. I have one it's great!:D Fits my p&t brilliant but you do need the extra bar from revelo (will send it for free).:)

Stanfield
20-10-2009, 07:57 PM
I am going for the strolli rider:thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
20-10-2009, 08:12 PM
a 1yo on a strolli rider? :eek:

Would love to see pics of a P&T in doubles mode with a buggy pod attached if anyone has the time to do it? Pretty please?!

Stanfield
20-10-2009, 08:56 PM
a 1yo on a strolli rider? :eek:

Would love to see pics of a P&T in doubles mode with a buggy pod attached if anyone has the time to do it? Pretty please?!

I have seen a similar picture on amazon, just type in phil and teds and it comes up on the third page. Only shows in single mode but gives an idea ...

Didn't read properly ... a 1 yr old wouldn't go on a strolli rider!!:blush:
I am having one for my 2 1/2 year old.

Pudding Girl
21-10-2009, 07:58 AM
lol sorry MrsB, thought you were the opening poster lol

thanks for the tip on pic, never think of looking on there

mumx3
23-10-2009, 01:14 PM
I have used a strolli rider before and it's not pretty.

I am now juggling kids and days so as not to have the three 1 year olds at the same time. SO will only need a double.

However new P&T question.....what age is the lower seat suitable for up to? I see it is 15kg or 33lbs well my 16 month old is 29lbs! So I am wondering if the phil and teds will last.

I will need to be able to put a 2.5 year old in it in the future as the kids grow....will the lower seat be ok at that age?

AliceK
23-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I have used a strolli rider before and it's not pretty.

I am now juggling kids and days so as not to have the three 1 year olds at the same time. SO will only need a double.

However new P&T question.....what age is the lower seat suitable for up to? I see it is 15kg or 33lbs well my 16 month old is 29lbs! So I am wondering if the phil and teds will last.

I will need to be able to put a 2.5 year old in it in the future as the kids grow....will the lower seat be ok at that age?

I've been wondering this as well so will be interested to see peoples thoughts. Actually I have another question on P&T but I'll start another thread :blush:

xxxx

carebear25
23-10-2009, 01:38 PM
When i went lookin at P&T for my ds an new baby the assistant in Toys R Us told me she wouldnt recommend it as my son is quite tall the hood would not go over him so i decided against it :)

Stanfield
23-10-2009, 02:46 PM
My son is tall and fits really well into the P&T's.
I had an eye candy pear previously but had to sell it as my oldest just didn't fit in (less than2yrs then:eek: ) there was no way around it - he was too big!

Not sure on size for 2nd seat but it looks roomy to me, as long as they don't need to sleep in it, I would use it for a stroll for older ones.

Also, No buggy board fits (I contacted them) or the strolli rider ... they said as it is already a double they see no need to make an attachment. Thinking of starting a pertition on facebook for all those who would purchase a board/bike attachment and sending it to them in the hope they will develop one:idea:

uf353432
23-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I have mindees who are 2 and half years and when they get tired they jump in the back seat no problem. Acres of room :)

mumx3
24-10-2009, 09:20 AM
I have mindees who are 2 and half years and when they get tired they jump in the back seat no problem. Acres of room :)

Thats reassurring!

Now what about the folding? How small is it? will it fit in the boot ok? I use my car for both school runs as we live 1.5 miles from school and the 5 year olds ge too tired with a 3 mile walk each day, and so I must have a buggy that folds quickly and easily or it will drive me up the wall!

balloon
24-10-2009, 09:32 AM
It folds easily, no idea on size though as I don't drive so don't have to put it into a boot, lol!