PDA

View Full Version : Halogen heaters

Mrs.L.C
20-10-2009, 10:44 AM
we need some kind of heater for the conservatory - its getting colder in there than I thought it would. We were looking at getting a halogen heater as they are more energy efficient and are suppose to be safer if children/pets are around but was wondering if anyone else has one and if they agree that its is safe to have around the children

Polly2
20-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I have one and to be honest I don't think much of it. I have to have it behind a fire guard obiously but it heats up the bars on the guard making it very dangerous for children. All the heat seems to be concentrated on one area. So I can't use it any more.

I also found it didn't give off much heat into the room.

There may be other makes out there which are better ones though.

I am thinking of getting an oil filled plug in radiator.

sweets
20-10-2009, 12:01 PM
i have an oil filled readiator in my kitchen as there is no heating in there. its great and you can have it as hot as you want it. when its really cold i tend to keep it on 24/7 on a low heat as it does take a while to heat a place up but once its warm it mantains the temperature.

my friend does the same with one in her conservatory which she uses as a playroom. they are reasonably cheap to run too.

dont know about halogen heaters sorry.

Angela234
20-10-2009, 05:30 PM
My conservatory leads out from my lounge i leave my loungr door open and the heat from there goes into conservatory i do have a small fan heater i keep up high to use as top up heater

Dragonfly
20-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I'd be worried about a halogen heater with small children around. I've just got a remote controlled electric heater to go up on the wall for a cold spot. Brill as its up on the wall where children cant touch or poke with little fingers
:)

TheBTeam
20-10-2009, 07:19 PM
My conservatory leads out from my lounge i leave my loungr door open and the heat from there goes into conservatory i do have a small fan heater i keep up high to use as top up heater

Sorry same here, but i had considered a halogen heater, but don't think i will now!

Mrs.L.C
21-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I was hoping the heat from the radiator in the dining room would heat the conservatory up but in the morning its still cold. Think il just have to get a heater then put it on first thing before kids arrive and maybe again wehn we go into the lounge for rest time

Alibali
21-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I have an oil filled one too, it's perfect for the job! It has heat settings on it and a timer, so you can set it to be on in the morning to heat up. I had mine on yesterday for the first time this year and the room was very warm within 10 mins, then I turn the haet down and it keeps the room comfortable. My conservatory is off dining room too and not enough heat flows through.