PDA

View Full Version : having baby in september?

gailee
01-03-2008, 08:20 AM
well you know i had a new 2 boys start in January? it was 10 month and a after school child? well 10 month boy is coming to me full time in mid April:clapping: then the other boy mum is having a baby in April so he will leave then! but will come back in september with baby too and they are paying a smallish deposit to keep there place so thats good news

i've got 4 boys after school from the school and class and i'm finding it hard with a 11 month baby too??? this new boy that i've took on last week is very hard work and all the other boys follow specailly when we're walking home running off down the street!! and he's breaking toys are blaming someone else!! PLUS these parents have not paid me for this week and the parent picks him up from school without letting me know so i'm getting annoyed about this? but relief when he doesn't come much quieter !!!! another week to go and then he's mum's on leave for 4 weeks and he doesn't come during those weeks (shes a student nurse :laughing:) gail

miss muffit
01-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi I would have a word with his parents straight away.
Also have you got a house rules policy if so i would get him to read it and sign it saying he agress to it. if you dont stop him the others will wonder why he's getting away with things.
As for running off i have done in the past got the little * to hold the pushchair or your hand they soon get the message.
good luck let me know how you get on K:) :) :)

sarah707
01-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Do you have any reins? Tell him he walks with you or goes in reins until he can learn to walk safely... (JOKE!)

Sit all the children down together and talk to them about how cars come out of driveways and that you cannot risk them being squashed. You do not care what any of them do when they are with other people, these are your rules and they must abide by them - they are there for all the children's safety. Try and get hold of some road safety literature - there's lots about and it's free (just google it) and do some work with all the children on this... over a couple of weeks it should start going in.

Then have an urgent meeting with the one child's family and tell them what is happening, that their child is putting all the others in danger and that this is totally unacceptable (and you sounding like a fishwife shouting down the street isn't good either)... and that they either speak to him about stopping this behaviour immediately or you will have to consider terminating him.

It's your business and your reputation on the line here - take control! :D

crazybones
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I did threaten one with the wrist strap once, it worked a treat. I also told them I would make them wear high vis jackets so they could be easily seen. This actually went down well with my own 10 year old who said he would wear one and we could advertise on it. :idea:

As Sarah said there is loads of road safety stuff on the net. We are doing Safety this month for our subject and I have found lots of posters and stuff. I left a thread with a site that has posters free somewhere. I will see if I can find it, although they havent sent anything yet.

Annie x

crazybones
01-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Here you go
http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/catalogue/ctrs.htm

Annie x

Annie_T
01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
oh hun sprry hear this, i think you need talk to parents, its not rite full stop

least your gettin 4 week break tho i will say that

gailee
02-03-2008, 05:09 PM
yes i'm counting the days thanks for the info annie