PDA

View Full Version : parents makes me mad

gailee
01-03-2008, 08:03 AM
don't you hate it when parents don't let you know that they are picking there kids from school :angry: take friday! weather bad, wet and windy i've got to take a 11 month baby out in the pushchair walk to school and i get there and 1 of the twins hasn't come to school today but no text no nothing!!!! so i could have took the car and the day before that parent turns up say i'll pick up my child today no "sorry" no text so annoying:angry:

ok better now gail

polobear1970
01-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Makes you so mad, But then you know you have nothing better to do then look after there children lol

Lisa

LittleMissSparkles
01-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I do a letter to all parents reminding you they need to let you know if care is not required, it hasnt happened to me yet but I would be so mad if I had treked out specially to get their child and wasnt needed xxx

miss muffit
01-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Hi that happened to me a few weeks ago, the father said who was at school waiting "well you havent got far to walk to school" as i told him my other mindees when home at 1.30 and that i could of gone and done my shopping.. he just smiled, it make you feel like not turning up for their kids on time....thing is we would be in trouble...think you have guessed it yep...makes me mad too k:) :) :)

sarah707
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
I stood in the playground for 15 minutes shivvering my little socks off yesterday - father had already been and got his son! I was not happy - nor was the little 4 year old stood with me! :angry:

Mollymop
01-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I don't blame you for feeling so mad, I hope you had a word with them and told them that they need to ring you as soon as they are aware they are picking the children up/not going to school, etc.
Gosh! Some parents just don't think.

yummymummy
01-03-2008, 01:33 PM
It is absolutely infuriating when something like that happens. But as we all know parents don't like paying for a service they think they're not receiving......!:angry:

marion
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Happens to me all the time. Parents took the kids to Grannies at half term but didn't bother to tell me. These parents are supposed to be business people how would they like it if they arranged a meeting and their clients just didn't bother to turn up. Mine always do it when you've only got theirs to pick up and then you've wasted an afternnon when you could have been doing something else.

deeb66
01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
It is absolutely infuriating when something like that happens. But as we all know parents don't like paying for a service they think they're not receiving......!:angry:

I think you have hit the nail on the head!

Sometimes I am sure that they think that as they are paying you why bother to be considerate....so annoying :angry:

Heaven Scent
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Here Here Some are sooooo good and some treat you like dirt. Do they not realise that people who choose to work in the care industry are usually very caring people who genuinely care for their children and therefore should be shown a little consideration and appreciation.

Celine

susi513
01-03-2008, 02:36 PM
What has infuriated me is, on top of waiting unnecessarily, that twice parents have moaned they tried to call me all day to let me know. But didn't actually ring my mobile. I give each parent a business card with it on and the mobile no is on the contract but still they still keep telling me they don't know the number Grrrrrr! And were criticising me cos my phone was engaged all day. NOT ME!!!! DH was home trying to fix mil's pc by phone. Which does take all day. If not all week.

Waited 40 mins in the cold one-time with 2 bored littlies, waiting for bus to eventually return from school trip. Then didn't see mindee get off the bus, hunted all over the school for him only to find he'd walked home alone as agreed with his mum, who hadn't remembered to let me know.