PDA

View Full Version : broken arm!

charliegee
19-10-2009, 10:13 PM
hello all

I'm asking on behalf of a childminding friend of mine (I have two and neither use this forum..I said how lovely it is and how they should as you're lifesavers!)

her daughter broke her arm on a trampoline (sp?) at a friends house over the weekend, poor mite - only 6

does she need to inform ofsted?

I said I didn't think so as it wasn't on the setting and was her own child not a mindee - but she said she wasn't sure as one of her parents wasn't very happy about it (which I thought was v unsympathetic tbh :blush: )

what are your thoughts lovely ladies and gents?

thanks all xxx

carebear25
19-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I dont think she should need to inform Ofsted like u said it happened at a friends over weekend.

Y is mindees mum not happy - doesnt really have an impact on her does it, it werent her child xx

babs
19-10-2009, 10:20 PM
i wouldnt have said so .... my great neice came to mine one day last week for dinner and neice bathed them here so she could go home later anyway while she was bathin them lo (12months old) threw herself back in my bath hit her head on a plastic bath toy screamed a little but endded up takin her A and E as she was sick a couple of times after.. anyway she was given all clear but i didnt report it as it was family and out of hours..... I hope i did the right thing ..... now u got me thinking

charliegee
19-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I dont think she should need to inform Ofsted like u said it happened at a friends over weekend.

Y is mindees mum not happy - doesnt really have an impact on her does it, it werent her child xx

my thoughts too! not sure why she wasn't happy - my mate was really upset though - poor family

will ask her why the parent wasn't happy actually!

x

nokidshere
19-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Why would she need to inform ofsted about an accident that happened in her free time to her own daughter?

Blimy - if I reported all the accidents my 8 year old has in a week I would never be off the flipping phone ;)

charliegee
19-10-2009, 10:49 PM
i wouldnt have said so .... my great neice came to mine one day last week for dinner and neice bathed them here so she could go home later anyway while she was bathin them lo (12months old) threw herself back in my bath hit her head on a plastic bath toy screamed a little but endded up takin her A and E as she was sick a couple of times after.. anyway she was given all clear but i didnt report it as it was family and out of hours..... I hope i did the right thing ..... now u got me thinking

I wouldn't have phoned Ofsted I have to say as as you say it was family and out of hours -poor little thing! they are extra slippery when in the bath too aren't they! My little one is really wriggly in the bath too - hope you, her mum and little one are okay

x

moogster1a
20-10-2009, 06:27 AM
what on earth has it got to do with the mindees mum? either show a little sympathy or shut up. I can't see why she was unhappy.

Pudding Girl
20-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Nothing to do with anyone else.

Strange mum :rolleyes:

miffy
20-10-2009, 06:53 AM
I agree there's no need to inform Ofsted.

Would love to know why a parent is unhappy - not as if it happened on the premises or whilst she was minding is it?

Miffy xx

peanuts
20-10-2009, 07:29 AM
as it happened outwith childminding and at something totally unconnected with minding i would say there was no need to contact ofsted.

what a cheek the mindees mum has saying she's not happy, it didnt happen in the childminders home so it has absolutely nothing to do with any childminding matters.

i bet the mum feels bad enough for her own little one without the busybody parent sticking her oar in when it has nothing to do with her. some parents just make me so mad sometimes.

Roseolivia
20-10-2009, 08:01 AM
How ridiculous that her mindees mum is not happy. What next?? Not being able to have grown up parties at home as it may upset parents. Think the worlds gone mad.

TheBTeam
20-10-2009, 01:08 PM
When my son had his accident last summer we were out with childminding children in a local park/woods, and were told we didn't need to inform Ofsted because it was to our child outside of the minding property.

kindredspirits
20-10-2009, 03:01 PM
How ridiculous that her mindees mum is not happy. What next?? Not being able to have grown up parties at home as it may upset parents. Think the worlds gone mad.

what sort of grown up parties?? ;) :D

actually, could somebody clarify - if my son injured himself at home during minding hours would i inform ofsted? i would have thought no because its none of their business what i do with my son???

charliegee
20-10-2009, 08:11 PM
It's mean isn't it!!

my friend is in bits about it

have told her all on here were very supportive and she asked me to say thanks!

x

miffy
20-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Oh bless her - hope she's OK - tell her to come and join us :)

Miffy xx