PDA

View Full Version : no payment 2mths now

zillervalley
19-10-2009, 09:57 PM
you may remember that i posted to say I was cutting down on my mindees with looking at retiring next year.

well i decided to do three day week mon, tues, wed this would mean that I had to say bye to one of my families

I have set them up with another childminder for the 1st november and mam was fine with that

the only thing is she pays me by voucher scheme and in june she paid me to much so only owed £12.00 in July
August does not pay as she is term time only (on contract)
owes me £195 for september plus £24.00 i have paid to another childminder for having mindee for me while i was at hospital with dh.

Mum sent me a text saying she had paid money into the voucher scheme but only had £70.00 in that pot, gran would be up this week to look after mindee and its half term next week and she will owe me another month.

and i still have not recieved any money

i am so so mad

ziller

Daftbat
20-10-2009, 07:04 AM
You need to be more forceful about this. Whether she has paid the money in to the voucher scheme or not is NOT your concern! She has to get payment to you in whatever form and she needs to do it now, not tomorrow or next week, but now. Point out to her that she would not accept it in her workplace.

I would draft a letter to her stating that if you do not receive payment within the next seven days you will be going to the small claims court to get your money. Its amazing what those words can achieve!

miss muffit
20-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi I agree with daftbat but i would write her another letter without saying about a small claims first, explain that as per your contract she needs to pay the sum of ?? and give her a date by ?
these ruddy text messaging for something as important as this drives me mad
or you could just ring her and explain ( write down how and what you are going to say) first tho

This has happened to me in the past

Good luck :p

cuffleygirl
20-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I maybe the only one but I hate voucher schemes and will be pleased if Gordon Brown does get rid of them. It is the parents responsibility to pay us for caring for their children so they can go to work and the voucher system 'puts the parent in control' which is fine if they do actually understand how to operate the system if they don't we are the ones who get paid late and the parent blames the vouchers! I don't go with the encouraging parents back to work - its not enough of an incentive - what I want to know is where is our incentive to accept them!

Rant over!

zillervalley
20-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the replies

i did phone mum and told her that i would br taking action if monies were not paid by wednesday

tonight mum arrived with cash and lots of excuses of why she had not paid

thanks

ziller

gegele
20-10-2009, 06:55 PM
magic!!!!!:laughing: