PDA

View Full Version : keeping mindees warm?

sweets
19-10-2009, 08:00 PM
does anyones mindees just come wearing t shirts under their coats?

Mine all seem too. i dont want to be tight with the heating and will have no hesitation putting it on if its cold but due to the price of gas and elec i believe in putting jumpers on first! at least one.

will it sound really mean if i ask parents to send jumpers or a light fleece for wearing in the house? it would be good for the car too as they never seem to fit the seats right wearing bulky coats.

ive never done newsletters before as i only had 2 mindees and was comfortable talking to thier mums about issues but now i have 6 mindees and dont know their parents really well i wondered wether to do a general letter to all parents and ask them to send suitable clothing. what do you think?

sarah707
19-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I ask for spare clothes here - and if I don't get what I want / need, I ask again and again and again like a broken record.

I am the same as you, I think layers are best.

Plus with the door open so much so the to go outside almost any time they want I'm blowed if I am heating the patio :rolleyes:

I intend to buy myself some really good slipper socks to go with my crocs then I can go in and out warmly and comfortably as the weather gets worse.

Hth :D

huggableshelly
19-10-2009, 08:07 PM
there was me thinking i'm the only one who does slipper socks with crocs!

same here, my back door is always open so i refuse to turn up the heating just to warm up the garden too.

I do a quick termly newsletter stating change of weather, spare clothing, wellies hats etc and add tuns of trash to fill it up lol.

Tiger Lilly
19-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Mine came today in a dress with short sleeves............
i do have a box of spare clothes, wellies, coats ect (my kids stuff that they have grown out of).

Why can parents just send the kids in old clothes with long arms...........it is October....

loocyloo
19-10-2009, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=huggableshelly;554588]there was me thinking i'm the only one who does slipper socks with crocs!

QUOTE]

me too! :laughing:

although my DD (age 4) went to school in her summer dress and ankle socks! :rolleyes: i made her wear her coat!

but, i ask ( and ask, and ask! ) for spare clothes/jumpers etc, so i can layer them up!

xxx

manjay
19-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Slipper socks AND crocs:eek: :panic: :eek: ;)

angeldelight
19-10-2009, 09:13 PM

I know Amanda

I almost fell off my chair in shock :panic:

I think you should show us a picture pest and Sarah :laughing:

Angel xxx

Lou
19-10-2009, 09:17 PM

:laughing:

Crocs on their own are bad enough!!!!! didnt realise you could make it worse :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Twinkles
19-10-2009, 09:17 PM
My Ds ( age 14 )was moaning today that he was cold ...... he was wearing shorts and a t-shirt :rolleyes:

As for mindees I keep several boxes of spare clothes here.

manjay
19-10-2009, 09:21 PM
:laughing:

Crocs on their own are bad enough!!!!! didnt realise you could make it worse :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Have to admit (very ashamed) that I went back on my word and bought a pair. In my defence I only ever wear them in my back garden which is not overlooked and so no chance of being seen and I wear them round and about the caravan where no one knows me:blush:

Lou
19-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Have to admit (very ashamed) that I went back on my word and bought a pair. In my defence I only ever wear them in my back garden which is not overlooked and so no chance of being seen and I wear them round and about the caravan where no one knows me:blush:

:eek: :eek: so you should be ashamed Amanda!!!!!

Heaven Scent
19-10-2009, 09:24 PM
My 14 year old came down to dinner tonight in just his boxers and sat at the table shivering and moaning about the cold until DH sent him up to get dressed!!!

Twinkles
19-10-2009, 09:29 PM

I had to wait 'till DD went to Australia before I got some :laughing: Then I sneaked them in the house , she hasn't thrown them away yet !

carlen222
19-10-2009, 09:34 PM
my 12 month old mindee just lives a 2 minute walk away but mum brings her in pjs with bare feet, no hat and no coat. yet shes all wrapped up in winter coat etc!!!!! the wee soul must be frozen!!! the strange thing is tho, she packs the coat!!!!! now surely its just as easy to put her coat on!! oh and as for her wee cold toes :( one of my neighbours has said to me if i dont say something to mum about the way she dresses the wee one she will say something!!!! i want to say something but just cant :idea: oh and shes only once put a hat in for her - that was the day after she met us out on a walk and i had my daughters old hat on her...the hat has never been packed for her again i may add!!!! some mothers eh?! lol xx

The Juggler
19-10-2009, 09:35 PM
always just ask for them for school run/going out. parent's who do door to door in the car don't realise how cold it is when walking. then you don't need to fess up about the heating!:p :p

LOOPYLISA
19-10-2009, 09:39 PM

:eek: noooooooooooooooo

babs
19-10-2009, 09:51 PM
i asked mindees mum to put a jumper or fleece in bag as she said she was cold i got a reply sayin oh just turn ur heating up... then explained it was for when she was outside playin....

Blaze
20-10-2009, 12:07 AM
I wear crocs & slipper socks too...in fact there is a mum who is desperate for me to have her LO (NOT A CHANCE - but that's another story)...anyway - why she noticed me in the first place out & about was that every time she sees me I'm wearing crocs (& she sells them)! See my crocs have bought me business - even if I don't want it :laughing:

angeldelight
20-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I wear crocs & slipper socks too...in fact there is a mum who is desperate for me to have her LO (NOT A CHANCE - but that's another story)...anyway - why she noticed me in the first place out & about was that every time she sees me I'm wearing crocs (& she sells them)! See my crocs have bought me business - even if I don't want it :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxxx

Dragonfly
20-10-2009, 07:23 PM
crocs and slipper socks gross sorry!!!!! keeps some wellies by the back door!

miffy
20-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I intend to buy myself some really good slipper socks to go with my crocs

Hth :D
:cool: :panic: :laughing:

(Angel - can I have Sarah for my secret santa please - I know just what to get her!!!!!!)

Miffy xx

Minstrel
21-10-2009, 03:13 PM
:cool: :panic: :laughing:

(Angel - can I have Sarah for my secret santa please - I know just what to get her!!!!!!)

Miffy xx

Gok Wan???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Winnie
21-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Gok Wan???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :ROFL1: