PDA

View Full Version : Im fuming!!!

mississmoomoo
19-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I have only been childminding since the beginning of September and I have been very fortunate to have 1 full time and 1 part time 4 days a week for both since registering, last week 2 more started before and after school 5 days a week.

On saturday night I got a text from a friend who told me that apparently I have undercut a child minder and stole her client!!!!!!!!

Im fuming as I know who the 2 children went to before (but not in person). She has been spreading around the whole chidminding community in my area that I have stolen her client buy undercutting her on the price, which is a totla lie! I charge the same as her AND her client approached me. The client wasnt happy with the service she was provided and told the childminder that she had a better deal with me so I can understand her thinking that, but to say I have stolen her business is way too strong. The better deal though was the service.

Im really annoyed as I am just trying to show my face in the childminding community at groups etc and I think this will be damaging to my reputation, and other childminders may snub me because of it.

I do wish that the client had been more honest with her old childminder instead of saying that as it could be damaging to my reputation.

madasahatter
19-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Poor you! It's awful when someone bad mouths you. Hold your head up high and if anyone says anything to you just say it's none of their business why the parent would choose a different childminder.
If you go to groups with other childminders make sure you keep smiling, be polite and friendly and any 'rumours' will die a death. If anyone questions you directly just shrug and say 'the parent approached you and you had the space to accomodate them' which doesn't really tell them anything, nor does it cast any poor light on the minder they have left.

sarah707
19-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Good advice already given.

I just wanted to add that you should still go to places - don't let one person stop you from getting out and about.

Hope you are ok x

CherryBlossom
21-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I can see how maybe the client was scared to be truthful l with the other CM, but it isn't fair that you are now being bad mouthed.

Don't worry too much-she is probably just bitter about it, and to be honest anybody would be upset..but her bad mouthing might fall upon death ears. Especially if you were chosen over her-parents will see you are good.

x

Chatterbox Childcare
21-10-2009, 07:38 AM
Have you thought about phoning this childminder and asking to meet with her? maybe invite her for a coffee and discuss what has happened. She should then realise that parents don't move just because there is a better deal unless they are unhappy.

She may become you alais.