PDA

View Full Version : ************* website...............again!

Bananabrain
19-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Following on from Donna's post today about what she had heard at playgroup, I heard this morning that when they finally get the replacement website running properly, all the childminders are going to be listed in alphabetical order.
Apparently,this is how it used to be?
As we all know,we update...........we go to the top of the list.
If we are going to be listed in alphabetical order,surely those with surnames beginning with A or B will get more business because they will always be at the top?
And it also means that we won't be able to update vacancies properly.
Anyone else heard this? Or is it just another mad rumour?
Just panicking a bit because work is really hard to come by at the mo and wondering if i should start looking for another job as I'm not earning enough.

PixiePetal
19-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope not but I suppose you have to do it somehow. Getting married changed me from a W to an M - thinking of all my nearest CM, they are mostly above me in the alphabet :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
19-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Not necessarily true about the higher surnamed minders get the business - they will eventually get full for starters, people will still get a list of minders in the area that they want, they will still be able to read what we offer and something might catch their eye for positive/negative.

Apart from the that I have not heard that anyway. My surname starts with an R:rolleyes:

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I hope not but I suppose you have to do it somehow. Getting married changed me from a W to an M - thinking of all my nearest CM, they are mostly above me in the alphabet :rolleyes:

Oh :censored: I'm about to go in the opposite direction!!!!!!! M to W!

TheBTeam
19-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry ladies dh and I are B's!!!!!:cool:

Judging by the state of affairs with this list so far, I would be surprised if they knew what on earth it was going to look like!

I do wonder with the state of money in this country why they have to fiddle with stuff that has worked perfectly well up to know, only to create chaos for a few months and then who knows what!