PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

littlepixies
19-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey,

I have one mindiee at the moment along with my own daughter and son, and shes usually here in the mornings and after school. With half term coming up she is coming to me for 1 full day and guess what..... ofsted are coming to visit that day.

The problem i have is shes very reluctant to do any activities even with my daughter... she might start but never finishes..
She gets the hump.. sucks her thumb and looks at the floor refusing to talk or explain what the problem may be. Then sits on sofa asking for hannah montanna on because this is all mum and dad do.... TV!!!

I have a routine during the day when children are here all day which i do allow tv time after dinner..... but with this being her first full day with my self and activities planned im so worried about how ofsted are going to be when she refuses to do anything but sit on sofa sucking her thumb.

What would you all suggest. I have started to ask what she would like to do when round ours to get her more involved and interested..... but not gettin very far thanks to mum and dad letting sit and watch tv 24/7!

Ripeberry
19-10-2009, 04:30 PM
How old is she? Maybe there is a Hannah Montana game that you could all play together? Or anything else that interests her, even if it is TV related, but then it would not involve the TV at all.
Or she could do make believe and do a little play?

LisaMcNally09
19-10-2009, 04:35 PM
You could get hold of some of the hannah montana music and do some dancing to it.

Hannah montana colouring sheets?

You could explain to Ofsted that she isn't always interested in doing activities so are using her favourite programme on tv to interest her in things!!

tammerisk
19-10-2009, 04:36 PM
oh you could set up to design hanna montanas new stage out fits with glue and material and drawing and ribbions and sequins and stuff that is always fun!!

or

sing to hanna montana on sding star

or

learn the dance moves or invent new songs!!

we like hannah montana in my house!!!

MissTinkerbell
19-10-2009, 05:09 PM
What about getting some catalogues (Argos, etc) and finding Hannnah Montana stuff and doing a collage.

Design a Hannah Montana bedroom - use the catalogues for inspiration and then let their imaginations run wild.

How old is she? Could you perhaps be screenwriters ans write an episode for Hannah Montana and then role play it out? You can have fun designing costumes and scenery.

littlepixies
20-10-2009, 10:09 AM
hello... thanks for such good ideas...

She is 5 same as my daughter( who is not into hannah montanna... as i baby her toooo much :) dont want her to grow up i guess)

well with halloween coming up fast i was hoping to do some halloween activities.... so i might take part of your ideas,,and get her to design a hannah montana spooky costume..
was going to get the girls to make bird feed things to hang in garden also i do struggle with this planning and linking with eyfs... wish their was a childminder close i new who could show me if im doin it right lol