PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone more information about this?

donnagwynne
19-10-2009, 02:04 PM
A childminder at playgroup today was telling me that she had read that:

from January, Ofsted are going to prevent childminders from having two under fives in the same vacancy on the same day. (i.e. you could not have one child for the morning and a different child for the afternoon), and a childminder would have to charge for a full day for one or other of the children.

Unfortunately she did not have any more information than this. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

I was wondering what would happen to some of my children if this was true.

Does anyone have the foggiest what I am talking about????

Donna

Playmate
19-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I certainly haven't heard anything so obsurd! I would be interested to know more though!

AnnieM
19-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Well that sounds ridiculous and I really hope it isn't true. Offering morning and afternoon sessions is something that lots of settings do so I don't see why childminders should be singled out! :mad: Most parents would stop coming if they had to pay a full days fees for half a days care. Will be interested to hear if this is true.

angeldelight
19-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I have not heard this Donna

It would be a real downfall for a lot of us if this were to happen

I just hope it is one of those silly rumours

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
19-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Ofsted don't know about this and reiterated that they have nothing in the pipeline.

I wonder where some people get their information from.

Trouble makers...

Pipsqueak
19-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Sounds like a load of old tosh to me. No way they could enforce it - its a contractual issue anyway and they (Ofsted) are not our employers.
Thanks Debbie for the clarification

Playmate
19-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Ofsted don't know about this and reiterated that they have nothing in the pipeline.

I wonder where some people get their information from.

Trouble makers...

thanks Debbie for the clarifation!

angeldelight
19-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Silly rumours to panic everyone :laughing:

Angel xx

Mollymop
19-10-2009, 03:40 PM
How daft! haha.

Ripeberry
19-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Wind up! :rolleyes:

pinklady
19-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Some people do love to stir it:rolleyes:

Wouldn't a particularly 'inclusive' thing to do would it.

The Juggler
19-10-2009, 05:20 PM
A childminder at playgroup today was telling me that she had read that:

from January, Ofsted are going to prevent childminders from having two under fives in the same vacancy on the same day. (i.e. you could not have one child for the morning and a different child for the afternoon), and a childminder would have to charge for a full day for one or other of the children.

Unfortunately she did not have any more information than this. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

I was wondering what would happen to some of my children if this was true.

Does anyone have the foggiest what I am talking about????

Donna

do you think it's because she has vacancies and you have two different children on the same day!?:idea:

donnagwynne
19-10-2009, 06:57 PM
No, I think that she mentioned that she had seen this in the last Who Minds? magazine, and another childminding friend of mine was recently told something similar by her DO and was advised to make sure that she charged part-children for whole days because of this.

Unfortunately I can not find my last magazine so can't investigate.

Donna

Pipsqueak
19-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I never saw anything in the last who minds

janminder
19-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Dont't remember seeing this in Who Minds either, surely even Ofsted would'nt go that far, would they.

Pipsqueak
19-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Dont't remember seeing this in Who Minds either, surely even Ofsted would'nt go that far, would they.

don't see how Ofsted could dictate to self-employed people what they can and can't do with their spaces let alone how we charge.

charliegee
19-10-2009, 10:24 PM
do you think it's because she has vacancies and you have two different children on the same day!?:idea:

my thoughts exactly Juggler, well put!! honestly, why do some people like to get others all worried!! :rolleyes:

carebear25
19-10-2009, 10:30 PM
don't see how Ofsted could dictate to self-employed people what they can and can't do with their spaces let alone how we charge.

they do thou, my ofsted inspector said that i wud prob not get a variation when my baby is born in april because i took a mindee on knowin i was pregnant and wud go over my numbers - am tryin 2 get sum 1 at ofsted 2 clarify this as it makes the difference to takin on mindee or not an therefore, losing money

Minstrel
20-10-2009, 08:33 AM
they do thou, my ofsted inspector said that i wud prob not get a variation when my baby is born in april because i took a mindee on knowin i was pregnant and wud go over my numbers - am tryin 2 get sum 1 at ofsted 2 clarify this as it makes the difference to takin on mindee or not an therefore, losing money

But i imagine this is because you need a variation to go over your numbers. According to the OP they could also suggest how many mindees we take on in total even when not over numbers at any given time.

If you are pregnant and take on another mindee, i guess ofsted are saying you are knowingly putting yourself over numbers in the future.

miffy
20-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I never saw anything in the last who minds

Neither did I! Haven't heard anything about it either.

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
20-10-2009, 07:53 PM
if it was in Who minds it would have come up on here :laughing: could you imagine the outrage