PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

solly
19-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I have a boy who is 7 i have him inset days and holidays and he goes to kids club after school term time, he has behavioural problems mainly for mum. She pays me to keep his space during the term time as i have his sister before and after school and inset/holidays etc.
She doesn't have to pay for the kids club as this is to help him mix with a bigger group.
He was off all last week with temp,cough(He is asthmatic) and was on antibiotics which he has now finished but he is still coughing

She took him to school this morning and they have refused to have him back until after half term as he is vulnerable and last week the school had 86 children off in one day.
She has just phoned me and asked me to have him all day tomorrow for her, initially i have said no as if he is not well enough to go to school he is not well enough to come to me. I have got My youngest off school at the moment and alot of my other children have colds.

Am i right to refuse him or should i help her out. depending how ds is tomorrow will be depending on whether i work, i will give the parents the option to come to me or not if i need to, ds had not been well all weekend with temp etc and has spent the weekend in bed he has actually got up this morning so that is a good sign.

I am also supposed to have him Thurs & Fri as the school have 2 inset days

Chatterbox Childcare
19-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Personally i don't see how school can refuse admission. I would have done it but if you have your own little one at home I would have thought that the mindee would have added to your work load, especially if he has problems.

candy cat
19-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I probably would do it if its a wheezy cough due to his asthma as some children are very wheezy even when they are well especially now the cold weather is coming.I think if he is totally well other than this then i think you will be fine.I am shocked the school refused to take him back too.

sarah707
19-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Some schools are asking any vulnerable children to say off at the moment if there is a high incidence of swine flu in the area.

If he has severe asthma then they are doing it in his best interests.

It is up to you whether you think you can cope with the situation, especially if you've got your own child off.

You have to make the right decision for your family first.

Hth :D