PDA

View Full Version : holiday care only help

tara
19-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Ive just had a call from a mum.She wants holiday time only.He is 3 yrs old. I said l could do it shes cooming friday morning.But then im thinking l will have to hold his place but then im not really that busy so l should take him.What do l do about the payment side of things :panic:

peanuts
19-10-2009, 09:32 AM
i term time only children on my books as well as holidays only. i dont have a deposit/retainer from them as the other takes up what they each dont use.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-10-2009, 09:34 AM
i term time only children on my books as well as holidays only. i dont have a deposit/retainer from them as the other takes up what they each dont use.

me neither but my rate for hols would be slightly higher than term time for under 5's

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Same here!

tara
19-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I dont have any other children through the day only overnight tuesday.Do l need to charge a retainer and how do l know she will come back the next holiday period and not do a runner while l hold the place open.plus how do l do her contract reguarding notice periods and when do l take payments and thing :panic:

LisaMcNally09
19-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I dont have any other children through the day only overnight tuesday.Do l need to charge a retainer and how do l know she will come back the next holiday period and not do a runner while l hold the place open.plus how do l do her contract reguarding notice periods and when do l take payments and thing :panic:

Personally i havent had this before but this is what id do if it were to arise.

Id havep ayment by standing order into my bank, monthly in advance.
Id charge slightly more for the holidays...possibly time and a half and then split this throughout the twelve months.

For example- i provide a child 12 weeks care per year. For 35 hours per week i would charge £6 per hour = £210 per week.
£210 x 12 weeks care = £2520
£2520/12 months = £210 per month payment

IYSWIM

hth

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Can you not just hold a decent deposit (i usually take £50 to hold my b & a school places) which will be refunded when proper notice is given and contract ends with all fees paid up.

youarewhatyoueat
19-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Make sure you agree the school holiday dates well in advance especially as different schools have slightly different dates. I use the school calender that my children use as I do term time only contracts. When I do holiday time I only offer full days as half days for me are a pain if we are out on an outing.
Think it through especially if you have your own children at home during the holidays.I only take my holidays in the school holidays which is why I offer term time only and occasional in the hols. Being tied to every holiday may be quite a big commitment, but thats the beauty of this job we do what suits us.

The Juggler
19-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Personally i havent had this before but this is what id do if it were to arise.

Id havep ayment by standing order into my bank, monthly in advance.
Id charge slightly more for the holidays...possibly time and a half and then split this throughout the twelve months.

For example- i provide a child 12 weeks care per year. For 35 hours per week i would charge £6 per hour = £210 per week.
£210 x 12 weeks care = £2520
£2520/12 months = £210 per month payment

IYSWIM

hth

I would do the same. Tot up the total annual charge for holidays and get a nice monthly payment. There's a lot more incentive on their part them to bring them!

tara
19-10-2009, 08:28 PM
I think your right a monthly payment is better ive worked it out how much each month.How would l invoice her for that not sure how to set it out?
If she dont like the idea l will need a plan b ?
also what if she gives notice but ive worked more then shes paid :panic: ?

The Juggler
19-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I think your right a monthly payment is better ive worked it out how much each month.How would l invoice her for that not sure how to set it out?
If she dont like the idea l will need a plan b ?
also what if she gives notice but ive worked more then shes paid :panic: ?

because of the way holidays work out it's likely if she gave notice you would have been paid more than you've worked (if it's before the summer). I would just say that's how you work and it saves her paying a large lump sum as each holiday comes round. It's like spreading the payments for her.

LOL