PDA

View Full Version : A Hope Thread to all those still looking for mindees

Minstrel
17-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to share my progress with all those which have recently (or not so recently ) registered and are still looking for those elusive first mindees. Or even those who are facing a lull in enquiries.

About 3/4 months ago things here were dire! It had taken me 13 months to get reg'd and in that time i was made redundant from my job. When I finally got my cert in May i couldnt wait for the mindees to come flocking! But alas that didnt happen and money was so tight we were very close to going under. I even applied for a night job at sainsburys.

Just three days after applying I got an enquiry and went on to sign on my first mindee. since then its been mad and in seven weeks I have signed up 10 mindees. A couple are ad-hoc and one was short tern but I am currently as full as i want to be.

So this is just a reminder that your luck can change with the wind and i'm sending out all my luck and wishes to those who need it right now.

Love M xxxxx

miffy
17-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Nice to read such a positive, encouraging post.

Well done on filling your spaces :)

Miffy xx

angeldelight
17-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for sharing

Glad things are working out for you

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
17-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Thats great Minstrel:clapping: :clapping:

Cazz
17-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Well done you :clapping:

I've been registered for a month and had nothing and now I'm going to sign my first mindees (siblings) on Tuesday. I also had to turn one away yesterday as it would have been for one of the days I will be full.

Hopefully I'll be like you and get lots of interest now!

Bitsy Beans
18-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Well done :clapping:

I registered in March this year. Had 2 people sign and then let me down, had other enquiries which I ended up losing to local school wrap around care. All seemed pretty bleak until I managed to sign a little girl for one day a week in July. OK it's not much but it's a start and since picking had been slim I was prepared to take what I could get.
Since then it's still been quiet again but I have a mum coming round to sign contracts for wrap around 5 days a week tomorrow :D

I am not earning mega bucks but when my own young children take up 2 spaces making lots of money was never going to be the case.

Its been a slow process which I have questioned many times but I am glad I stuck with it :D

The Juggler
18-10-2009, 08:26 AM
sorry to hear things were so tough for a while but glad you are so busy now! I have similar number of mindees to you. Not sure I could have coped so well so soon after registering as you obviously are!

Well done and nice to share hopeful thoughts with other hon.

Zoomie
18-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Awwww, such an uplifting post.

Thanks for sharing.

RedDragon
18-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Lovely thoughtful post.

I felt a bit guilty posting the other day about saying I had just taken on another mindee making me as full as I want to be - but I do know what it is like to be on the opposite end so hope I was diplomatic.

This forum is fantastic in keeping our spirits up in all types of ways.

Heaven Scent
18-10-2009, 09:55 AM
That if fab to hear -all the very best and I hope all the families are really lovely and good punctual payers - you deserve it by the looks of things.

I have been through pretty lean times myself but gradually build it up since early in the year and have 4 pre school places to fill 2 on Mon + 1 on Tues and 1 on fri I'd be quite happy to fill even 2 of those spaces.

ORKSIE
18-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Fantastic news Minstrel.:jump for joy:
Good luck to everyone else:clapping: :clapping:

lovemyprams
19-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Fantastic news.:clapping:

Well done you - so pleased you didnt pack it all in.

Its amazing isnt it that as soon as you sign one family more and more come through the door! Its all about word of mouth. It is in my case anyway.

Hope you enjoy childminding as much as I do:clapping:

Minstrel
19-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh yes i'm loving it!

Weirdly none of my parents know each other. I think it came from the confidence i gained as i signed each one. I stopped looking so desperate and started looking more professional as I left them thinking they 'needed' me more than i 'needed' them.