PDA

View Full Version : I'm better than I thought!

Minstrel
17-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm working today and have a 9 month old screamer. Settling in session yesterday for 2 hours and today is first full day (only a temp contract). I was draeding today a little as she screamed the whole two hours. :panic:

Baby has never slept on own co-sleeps with mum but she wanted me to settle her in a cot (i was going to anyway as I have my own two small boys and cant be cuddling a baby to sleep) and mum was happy for me to do controlled crying.

Well after only 15 mins of controlled crying SHES ASLEEP!!!! WWOO HOOOO!!

My own two always slept like a dream and through the night from 6 weeks. I must be pretty good at the baby slepping lark! Either that or very lucky but either way i dont care! :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
17-10-2009, 09:35 AM
wow well done you!!!!! You are good!

flora
17-10-2009, 09:49 AM
wooohooo :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

enjoy the peace :thumbsup:

CherryBlossom
17-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Well done you!

cherry pink
17-10-2009, 11:03 AM
:clapping: :clapping: well done now you just need to ''train'' mum with not sleeping with her lo..

The Juggler
17-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Well done!

uf353432
17-10-2009, 12:42 PM
:clapping: :clapping: well done now you just need to ''train'' mum with not sleeping with her lo..

why? "train" mums? I thought our role was to support parents choices not try and "teach them" thats certainly not our place. There is nothing wrong with co sleeping - just because its not your preference doesn't mean its wrong, and certainly doesn't mean a child cannot adapt to different sleeping scenarios at different places.

janminder
17-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Well done:)

mandy moo
17-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Sorry for being a bit thick here, but as I understand it, co-sleeping is when baby sleeps in the same bed as mum? or should I say parents?

uf353432
17-10-2009, 01:03 PM
yes thats correct Mandy - but it could also mean an open sided cot on the side of the bed as well.

Minstrel
17-10-2009, 03:27 PM
she's settling nicely- only 4 minutes to get to sleep this afternoon! :clapping:

Shirlwith3
17-10-2009, 04:02 PM
well done you
I care for a 10month old little boy, I am doing the controlled crying with him as he will only go to sleep rocked in the puchchair which I can't do as I also have a 1yr old mindee who goes to sleep on her own & her 3yr old sister, some days he will go off on his own where yesterday it took over any hr of crying then when girls went home at 1pm I took him out for a walk but was still awake 3om ins later I gave in & rocked him for 5mins & he was soon asleep but then only slept for 30mins. He is also not very good at sleeping where there is a noise as the other day I had just go him of & the 1yr old made a sound & he woke, then was wide awake for the rest of the morning being whingey.

helenlc
17-10-2009, 04:07 PM
I have a 9 month old mindee who is rocked to sleep by mum. He has done a few settling in sessions where he has so far fallen asleep having his bottle or in the car.

But when he starts properly this week, I am going to try and get him used to going to sleep off by himself in the travel cot. I cant rock him every time with an 18 mth old and just turned 2 yr old around as well.

Well done you!!:thumbsup: