PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a nania satge 1,2,3 car seat?

sweets
17-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I wanted to update my car seats as mine are about 15 years old and dont offer side protection and i also wanted to see if i could get 3 narrower seats in the back instead of having one in the front.
Well i just bought the nania new from an ebay shop. tried to fit in the back of the car and even when its pulled really tight and ive knelt in it to get it tighter there is still a bit of movement in it! my old seats dont move and inch when fitted. Is it ok for them to have a bit of movement in them? i didnt think it was! has anyone else got them and do they go in tight?

AliceK
17-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi
I just bought one last week, birth to 4 yrs one and it is rubbish. OH, who is a dab hand at fitting car seats was out there for about half an hour trying to fit it. It's tight now but I can't use the recline on it because if I do it loosens the seat fit. Also the shoulder straps are soooo stiff to pull tight it's virtually impossible to get tight enough with LO in there. Definitely would NOT recommend :angry:

xxxxx

Helen79
17-10-2009, 01:52 PM
we bought one & took it back as it moved about so much.
Our britax one doesn't move at all so knew that it wasn't right.

sweets
17-10-2009, 01:57 PM
we bought one & took it back as it moved about so much.
Our britax one doesn't move at all so knew that it wasn't right.

i cant take mine back as i got it online:(

dobby
17-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Yep sorry to say I bought one of these and was so shocked at the poor quality i took it straight back for a refund. I stick to britax and brands that are recommended in which reports now.
BTW if you are looking for seats with narrow bottoms, A friend of mine has recently bought the britax prince 9mths to 4yrs which is supposed to be good for this.

Tired
17-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I recently got one, and its loose too. I thought it was just me not doing it properly.
However, I really need it as its the only one I have found with 5 point harness that fits a really tall 2 year old.

I thought it might fit better when I have had more practice putting it in and out.
(I have to take have it out on Monday and Tuesday and in for Wed-Fri)

Hebs
17-10-2009, 08:52 PM
i have 2 and they are fine, i love mine and the mindees love them too :thumbsup:

sweets
17-10-2009, 08:53 PM
i have 2 and they are fine, i love mine and the mindees love them too :thumbsup:

do yours go in really tight tho or is there some movement in them?

Hebs
17-10-2009, 08:58 PM
a tiny bit but not much more than my britax ones.

i do use them in the rear seats which are more upright and firmer than the middle row of seats so i wonder if thats why??