PDA

View Full Version : Planning

little_gems
17-10-2009, 08:30 AM
morning all...
i could really do with some ideas of where i can get some examples of planning sheets from.
I understand that i need to have
continous planning -
meduim planning
short planning
just wondering if anyone knows of any good websites ive tried bromley but i was told that OFSTED dont like you doing it like that any more.
so any help would greatfuly be recieved.
Thanks
Gemma

Chatterbox Childcare
18-10-2009, 09:31 AM
There is no right or wrong way of doing planning, it is just what works for you.

I have a 2 year rotating list of themes per month and plan into my week 2 activities surrounding this, sometimes we do them and sometimes we don't.

I have a medium plan which is very basic and I change it as I go with pen. Attached

Short term plan is what the children decide to do and is written on the medium one.

little_gems
18-10-2009, 05:51 PM
hi i cant open your link.
ive spoken to some teachers at a local school and they've given me some very good ideas. I think i get it!! well we'll soon find out when ofsted come out.
thanks Gemma

sarah707
18-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Once you have done 4 posts you'll be able to open what Debbie has kindly shared with you littlegems.

It's just a safeguard built into the forum to make sure passers by cannot take things our members share with others.

Only 1 more post to go! Hope you are enjoying the forum :D

little_gems
19-10-2009, 11:54 AM
okay thanks!!!
well i was up again last night thought i's cracked it!!! then to be told id done it all wrong!!!! I'm not ment to do themes or topics each month and that i have to link my planning into every child and they have to tell me what they want to do.... which is very good if i had children that could talk i have 3 children under2 and 1 under1!!!!!
the way i was going to do it was each month have a topic then link that into the EYFS. The on a weekly basis do one of the areas of learning that linked into that theme, but that was to be child led (only if they wanted to do it)

So for example novermber - shapes and colours
CD - vegtable printing with diffrent colours
KUW - shape sorter and coloured building bricks
CLL - Elmer story sack
But the children only have to do these activity if they want to!!!! And spred the ares of learning over the month.
So now i havent gt a clue where to start from!!

sarah707
19-10-2009, 05:39 PM
There are 2 ways to plan littlegems.

The first is to do what you have been doing... think about child friendly activities you can do with the children each month.

The second is to follow children's interests with individual planning that is done day by day when the child comes to you and you see what he wants to do.

Both these ways of planning are good. They both meet the requirements of the Eyfs.

Hth :D