PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new car

Alibali
16-10-2009, 06:04 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Grand Scenic, 57 plate silver, isofix in all 3 middle row seats, air bag that can be manually turned off if needed, lots of we storage spaces and a reasonable boot with all 7 seats in (much bigger than the zafira anyway) I think I feel a new double buggy coming soon :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
16-10-2009, 06:15 PM
How exciting! :clapping:

OrlandoBelle
16-10-2009, 06:22 PM
:D Congratulations on your new baby!!! Hehe. I got myself a black Grand Scenic about a month ago. It's so nice to drive isn't it?! Just be warned.. the fuel alarm is REALLY loud when it goes off (when ur petrol's running low). Mine frightened me to death the other day!:laughing:

Hebs
16-10-2009, 06:39 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Grand Scenic, silver, :

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: same as mine :D

Hebs
16-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Just be warned.. the fuel alarm is REALLY loud when it goes off (when ur petrol's running low). Mine frightened me to death the other day!:laughing:

OMG isn't it, gives me a bleeding heart attack every time :laughing: :laughing:

Alibali
16-10-2009, 06:53 PM
:D Congratulations on your new baby!!! Hehe. I got myself a black Grand Scenic about a month ago. It's so nice to drive isn't it?! Just be warned.. the fuel alarm is REALLY loud when it goes off (when ur petrol's running low). Mine frightened me to death the other day!:laughing:

Thanks for the warning, I never knew it had one, don't collect it till Monday so not driven it yet, glad to hear you and Hebs like yours:thumbsup:

Hebs
16-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the warning, I never knew it had one,

you'll know it when it goes off, as will everyone within a miles radius :laughing:
seriously though, i do think it's actually a little bit dangerous how loud it is cos it scares the :censored: out of me every time :blush:

charleyfarley
16-10-2009, 07:00 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Oohhh lucky you, how exciting.

I'd love a new car

Carol xx

nannymcflea
16-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Cool:thumbsup:

daisyboo1980
16-10-2009, 08:47 PM

i have had my grand scenic for 2 yrs and the petrol alarm still makes me jump and then i shout at it lol

jelly15
16-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I love it when I change the car. Have a Vectra at momment so I can only mind 3 LOs as I can turn off airbags in front passenger seat, but as I have only been minding two weeks it's fine for now but will have to look into a bigger car in future. Is the Grand Scenic considered the best for CM, and what else do you lot recommend?

Jelly

ORKSIE
16-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I have a Zafira, so would be interested to hear about handling and parking:thumbsup:

LeanneC
22-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi

I have a Zafira and I HATE it!! The whole dashboard vibrates lol when i set off sometimes. Ive had it about 6 months now and Ive not cleaned the inside as I hate it that much :blush:

For all you Grand Scenic owners out there then.. Do you really recommend it and is it possible to get 2 fixed carseats (forward facing), 1 rear facing carseat and a booster in?

Would be intresting to hear your pro's and cons about one. It was my initial choice for a car but listening to neighbours (the men of the st) along with father in laws, husbands who said oh the Vauxhall is a better car I went with their advice.

Now I drove a renault Clio dynamic 03 plate years ago and loved it. oh i so do miss those automatic wipers :(

Thanks in advance for your commenst ladies

Leanne

OrlandoBelle
23-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi Leanne,

I have a Grand scenic and love it love it love it!!! Would definately recommend getting one!

I have 2 forward facing car seats which I keep fixed to the seats in the very back of the car (the seats that fold down to make more boot space). It's more easy to access as you would not be able to pull the back seats down if they were in the back. Then I have 3 booster seats in the back for older school aged children. There is easily room for a rear facing seat and 2 booster seats in tha back. The middle seat has a 3 point harness too, so it is still safe to sit in the middle.

Hope this helps. :)

Hebs
23-11-2009, 12:21 PM
i also have my 2 fixed forward facing car seats in the very rear seats (ones that fold down) saves having to move them around when i have different kids each day :laughing: also stops them opening the doors :D

i then have a high back booster and a regualr booster in the middle row, and my daughter sits in the middle seat in the middle row, and my son on a booster in the front

AND

i can fit my phil and teds double in the boot with all 7 seats up :thumbsup:

LeanneC
23-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks ladies for all your advice :thumbsup:

I went to see and drive one today and I fell in lurve :clapping:

It's only an 04 plate though and my Zafira is an 06 BUT it's soooo much nicer. Even DD said she liked it and she's only 2 lol
It's the Dynamique spec (same as my old clio) with extras so i've a panoramic roof, keyless entry and it's black.

The dealer said he was prepared to swap mine so fingers crossed I might have a new car tomorrow woohooo

Ooooh im like a child, I want it NOW hee hee

LOOPYLISA
23-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks ladies for all your advice :thumbsup:

I went to see and drive one today and I fell in lurve :clapping:

It's only an 04 plate though and my Zafira is an 06 BUT it's soooo much nicer. Even DD said she liked it and she's only 2 lol
It's the Dynamique spec (same as my old clio) with extras so i've a panoramic roof, keyless entry and it's black.

The dealer said he was prepared to swap mine so fingers crossed I might have a new car tomorrow woohooo

Ooooh im like a child, I want it NOW hee hee

My old car had panoramic roof :(

Sound lovely :thumbsup:

LeanneC
23-11-2009, 05:41 PM
My old car had panoramic roof :(

Sound lovely :thumbsup:

ha ha yes my old Mini Cooper did too and my Mazda Mx5 was a 2 seater convertable (pre baby) so it's gotta have the sunroof lol

Oooh I miss my old cars

ajs
23-11-2009, 05:49 PM
i love my grand scenic too
the only complaint anyone has is the leg room in the back back i put the baby seat in there and even with the middle seat pulled as far forward as possible the baby's feet are still pushed up the back of the seat, i know his seat is quite big and fills the whole space so it may be better if i had a different seat in there.

mine is an 05 and i will buy another one when we trade this in next year

desiderata
23-11-2009, 05:52 PM
I love my Grand Scenic too.!!! So much so I call him Mr Bojangles.!!

The kids love it and I can fit all the seats and puschairs in it.

Good luck with yours hope you love it as much as I love mine.xx

ajs
23-11-2009, 05:58 PM
you'll know it when it goes off, as will everyone within a miles radius :laughing:
seriously though, i do think it's actually a little bit dangerous how loud it is cos it scares the :censored: out of me every time :blush:

i agree i jump every time and swear a little bit too

i love mine too i don't think you'll regret your choice
i haven't for a minute

Alibali
23-11-2009, 06:01 PM
So much easier to fit children and buggies and bags etc in than the Zafira, that's what I had before too. I put 2 boosters with backs in the very back, in the middle row I have 2 baby seats, an isofix at the side and one with a belt in the middle seat, my ds has a booster seat at the other side and this just slips onto floor when I move the seat for access to back.

All the school bags (or shopping bags) still fit in the boot even with a buggy in, and I keep a spare booster in boot for the 2 days I have an after schooler, so sometimes have 6 child seats in no probs:thumbsup:

Hope you get it, it will make life much easier.

FizzysFriends
23-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if having forward facing baby seats in the very back invalidates the insurance?

Alibali
23-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if having forward facing baby seats in the very back invalidates the insurance?

I hope not, why would it?

FizzysFriends
23-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I hope not, why would it?

Because Renault say not to, I thought going against manufactorers guidelines might affect insurance, I dn't know?

Alibali
23-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Because Renault say not to, I thought going against manufactorers guidelines might affect insurance, I dn't know?

Is it in the manual, gosh I better read it. Are boosters Ok does it say?

FizzysFriends
23-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Is it in the manual, gosh I better read it. Are boosters Ok does it say?

Yeah there is a safety suppliment in the manual and it says in there. Boosters are fine and I think the high back boosters are fine it was group 1 and younger I think (although the manual is in the car so not 100%)