PDA

View Full Version : letter help please

Hebs
16-10-2009, 04:58 PM
i have 2 families who are contracted for full year (not just term time)

they both have said they don't know if they need me to have the kids during october half term therefore i want to send parents a letter stating how much they need to pay even if the LO's don't come.

HELP, they all pay fine so dont want to annoy them but i know at least one will think there is no fee's to pay if her daughter doesn't come :(

OrlandoBelle
16-10-2009, 05:57 PM
How about just casually dropping it into conversation, like "if you want to give me a post dated cheque for half term, that'll be fine. It'll save you travelling back here during half term week". x

Hebs
16-10-2009, 06:03 PM
How about just casually dropping it into conversation, like "if you want to give me a post dated cheque for half term, that'll be fine. It'll save you travelling back here during half term week". x

oh they all pay in advance anyway so need to give them a letter by monday

Hebs
16-10-2009, 06:30 PM
how does this sound??

October half term is almost upon us already, so I would like to remind all parents that the following fee’s will be payable;

Non attendance .................................................. ..................(normal weekly fee)
Part attendance........................................ .............................
Full attendance........................................ ..............................

As I am available to provide care fee’s are still required as per our contract.
If you would like to discuss this with me please let me know

Kindest Regards
Heather

Lady Haha
16-10-2009, 09:45 PM
That sounds good, I might nick that!!

I know what you mean though, I had a feeling that one of my parents who has taken time off this half term, might think it would be no fee and I was wondering how to bring it up. She pays weekly, so I did an invoice for this coming week and the half term one. When dad picked up, I was hoping to just give him the invoice and then let them read it in horror at home, but I could see he was confused as I never give them invoices as they pay the same every week without fail....I said 'oh, it's cos it's got half term on it as well' and he said 'Im pretty sure she's got that week off', so I gritted my teeth and said 'yes, but it's half rate for holidays' and quickly changed the subject.

Hope you dont have any probs!

The Juggler
17-10-2009, 08:20 AM
or just say 'well if you change your mind and want to bring them a few days anyway, you might as well use the service you're paying for.

youarewhatyoueat
18-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Why don't you just say ' you mentioned you may not need me over half term, thats fine but if you do need me just give me a ring as you will have already paid for the space and i'm available to work' bit friendlier than an official letter and an opportunity to spell it out if they don't understand.

miffy
19-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Hope you got it sorted Hebs.

I would have just invoiced them :)

Miffy xx