PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted inspections were 6 months there not now the EYFS is in force

jus
16-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi All,
I was told this week by my CO Ofsted Inspections are not 6 months behind, because the EYFS is in place they are picking out childminders at random :eek: , one childminder in my area is not due while next year and they have been out to see her, don't know the out come of the inspection but she was told more paper work, another childminder isn't due till next month and ofsted coming out next week.

I was told by my CO also this week to do risk assesments on craft activities

My inspection isn't due while next year:panic: if they ring me, all my paper Work wants up dating and needs re typing as my computor crashed and lost all original copies didn't download them on my usb.

Jus

sarah707
16-10-2009, 05:44 PM
I work every day as if Ofsted might turn up! :eek:

You just never know do you? x

Rubybubbles
16-10-2009, 06:51 PM
i agree with a risk assesment on craft:D It covered me today when my CDW said I should have paint out at all times:laughing:

I have heard this about inspections, my inspection was a month early in November last year but she said it can be UP TO 3 years so...........

It's a small world
16-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Most opf my paperwork is upto date just need to do my SEF which Im doing next week and just tweaking other bits now.. not worth Ofsted visiting me now though as no mindeessss:( one and only mindee gone away for a month :(

Princess Sara
16-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I had a phone call today asking if I had any EYFS children on my books so they could let the inspector know I was available for my 1st proper inspection... I've only been registered since 1st June. Thought I had another month at least.
:(

Merry-Minder
23-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I had a phone call today asking if I had any EYFS children on my books so they could let the inspector know I was available for my 1st proper inspection... I've only been registered since 1st June. Thought I had another month at least.

Argh!!! Your scaring me - I had my reg visit in March and was told by Ofsted they would be back in around 6-7 months, which is now!!! So i am expecting them to call any day - and to put it politley 'I am bricking it!!'

Merry-Minder
23-10-2009, 01:28 PM

Argh!!! Your scaring me - I had my reg visit in March and was told by Ofsted they would be back in around 6-7 months, which is now!!! So i am expecting them to call any day - and to put it politley 'I am bricking it!!'