PDA

View Full Version : weird email ... be aware of what you get in your mailboxes!

huggableshelly
16-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I got this in me email today! obviously a hoax but area, names and contact numbers are all real!

Hi all,

I tried to contact xx direct and was told I had to go through a broker which I got from their website: -

xx

I was asked a whole host of things but also if the trustees wanted liability / indemnity insurance which covers possible financial loss in a variety of circumstances – fraud / legal aid I guess?. On your behalf I said yes.

Also all our possessions will be covered including the 10K of IT at Stephen’s house, the furniture at Dells all the toys as well as laptops and digital cameras including loss / accidental damage. The Van remains insured separately

Stephen I just need your address as that is where the IT item’s are stored and a brief description of where they are eg not the garden shed but hopefully locked room in the house? + if you have a burglar alarm? If the property is vacated for more than a 4 week period through the year? (see below)

Thanks

We should all be covered by Wednesday of next week...

Ben

Ps I have completed action points before writing up the minutes but the minutes will follow (after the weekend)

1) Address?

2) Brief Description of where in the house?

3) Burglar Alarm?

4) Is property lived in throughout the year?

Ben ************

Manager - Berkhamsted (North) Children's Centre

Office *****************

Mobile ************************

patevans
16-10-2009, 04:14 PM
I have had an email today about swine flu update from -

Information Officer
Staffordshire Family Information Service
Early Years and Childcare Unit
Staffordshire County Council
Tipping Street
Stafford. ST16 2DH

with an attachment but I dont want to open it until I know if its genuine!!

angeldelight
16-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I have had an email today about swine flu update from -

Information Officer
Staffordshire Family Information Service
Early Years and Childcare Unit
Staffordshire County Council
Tipping Street
Stafford. ST16 2DH

with an attachment but I dont want to open it until I know if its genuine!!

Oh I had one a few mths back and I did open it - it was ok

Not sure about yours though

Wish they would just post them sometimes so we knew they were safe

Angel xx

Angel xx

angeldelight
16-10-2009, 04:18 PM
I got this in me email today! obviously a hoax but area, names and contact numbers are all real!

Hi all,

I tried to contact xx direct and was told I had to go through a broker which I got from their website: -

xx

I was asked a whole host of things but also if the trustees wanted liability / indemnity insurance which covers possible financial loss in a variety of circumstances – fraud / legal aid I guess?. On your behalf I said yes.

Also all our possessions will be covered including the 10K of IT at Stephen’s house, the furniture at Dells all the toys as well as laptops and digital cameras including loss / accidental damage. The Van remains insured separately

Stephen I just need your address as that is where the IT item’s are stored and a brief description of where they are eg not the garden shed but hopefully locked room in the house? + if you have a burglar alarm? If the property is vacated for more than a 4 week period through the year? (see below)

Thanks

We should all be covered by Wednesday of next week...

Ben

Ps I have completed action points before writing up the minutes but the minutes will follow (after the weekend)

1) Address?

2) Brief Description of where in the house?

3) Burglar Alarm?

4) Is property lived in throughout the year?

Ben ************

Manager - Berkhamsted (North) Children's Centre

Office *****************

Mobile ************************

Oh you have been a pest again so someone thought they would get you back ?:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

teacake2
16-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes Louise, it is okay, it is an update for the expected increase in swine flu this winter, and advises you to regularly look on the government health website.
Teacake2

patevans
16-10-2009, 04:40 PM
oh good i'll open it then :thumbsup:

Bazza
17-10-2009, 10:41 AM
huggableshelly, Did that e-mail have a legitimate looking "from" address? If you PM it to me ill do a bit of research on it.

Sounds dodgy to me though.