PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive question re: little girls & skirts.

Mouse
16-10-2009, 03:40 PM
One of my mindees is 4 and a half. Mum normally dresses her in a skirt and mindee sits with her legs all over the place & her pants on show. Often her pants have slipped, so there's even more on show.

At what sort of age would you prompt her to be a bit more conscious about it?

I don't want to make her at all self conscious about it and I do think it's nice that she is still happy to sit however makes her comfortable, but I saw her in school the other day & her skirt was actually up round her waist - she was completely unaware.

My own DD always used to wear a skirt, but I don't remember it being the same with her.

Is it something they need teaching, or just something that they pick up as time goes by?

huggableshelly
16-10-2009, 03:58 PM
my daughter is still unladylike now age 8.

best you can do really is show her how to sit with her knees together or if cross legged push her skirt into her lap.

i ask my daughter to change into trousers now as I care for school age children, boys eyes wonder!

remember its getting colder now so she will have tights on soon or trousers then maybe discuss it with parents once the weather changes again.

uf353432
16-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Similar thing happens with my own 4 year old. I would just make a habit of adjusting her skirt for her, or pull it down with a line, let just make sure you don't get cold. They pick up on this quite quickly and start adjusting it themselves. Maybe have a word with mum, ask her to check pants are correct fit and perhaps start putting her in tights, mum might be oblivious to it herself.

Alibali
16-10-2009, 05:17 PM
My 21 yo niece is still the same!

madasahatter
16-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Sounds like her knickers are too big if everything is on view. I would probably mention it to mum in a jokey way.
A few months ago I was at toddlers with my 4 yr old mindee when she did something acrobatic and I realised she had no knickers on at all:eek: Luckily I had some spares in my bag!! When I asked her why she had no knickers on she said 'they fell off of course' with a raise of the eyebrows as if to say 'are you stupid or what?' She'd left the knickers on my bathroom floor just before we left to go out.

little miss chatterbox
16-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I have two daughters one 4 and one nearly 6. They both wear skirts and dresses and nighties and we just encourage them to sit with their legs together keep their skirts down.

We have to remind them a lot but sometimes they remember!

Helen79
16-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I just remind dd (4) to pull her skirt down but don't make a big deal of it.

I still forget on the odd occasion when I wear a skirt :blush:

Winnie
16-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Its rather sad that we are worried about a little girl flashing :( what ever happened to childhood and innocence. Mind you, i was a Tom Boy and mum had to teach me to be ladylike once i start my periods- i didnt have a clue or cared :laughing:

tulip0803
16-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Sounds like her knickers are too big if everything is on view. I would probably mention it to mum in a jokey way.
A few months ago I was at toddlers with my 4 yr old mindee when she did something acrobatic and I realised she had no knickers on at all:eek: Luckily I had some spares in my bag!! When I asked her why she had no knickers on she said 'they fell off of course' with a raise of the eyebrows as if to say 'are you stupid or what?' She'd left the knickers on my bathroom floor just before we left to go out.

:laughing: :laughing:

georgie456
16-10-2009, 06:34 PM
My 21 yo niece is still the same!

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Mouse
16-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I will mention to mum that lo's knickers seem too big. Thinking about it, it wouldn't be so much of a problem if they actually fitted properly. Just being able to see her knickers isn't such a bad thing.

I think mum would actually be grateful to have it pointed out as she'd hate to think of her little girl being on show.