PDA

View Full Version : Hubby as volunteer assistant

oleska
16-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Hello
I am new to childminding. I had my pre reg visit from ofsted just waiting for my crb check. :cool:
I was thinking that I could take my Hubby as volunteer assistant.
Does anybody done that?
Just wondered what I have to do e.g. what do I have to have in place and how I will work this out because he will be still working part time for his employer.

He has a CRB
I won't be paying him,he will be working as volunteer
I would like to increase the numbers.
What documents / policies / anything do I need to have in place for him to be my assistant as volunteer?
Could you help me please?:(

Stanfield
17-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I have been looking at a similar thing for my mum.
I have been advised that she needs to fill out an EY2 form ( CRB check for assistants). The CRB has to be individual to your setting, cannot be transferred from another employer (although, I suppose you would have had to get one when you set up anyway)

All I have been told to do now is to contact OFSTED to get numbers and registration changed.

TheBTeam
17-10-2009, 08:19 PM
You will also need employers liaibility insurance even if dh is not paid.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-10-2009, 09:15 AM
If you want any assistant to be in sole charge you they will need to have a paediatric first aid certificate and parent permission.

If the mindee/s is within the EYFS then the assistant can be left in sole charge anywhere but if the mindee/s are on the voluntary or compulsory register the assistant cannot enter your premises until you are present.