PDA

View Full Version : Once you told Ofsted you started minding how soon did they come?

Ripeberry
16-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Fridays must be their favourite day! They rang me for my pre-reg on a Friday and now they have just rung to ask if I was minding. Told them that I've only just started (8 weeks for 13month old) and (4 weeks for 3yr old 20hrs so far).
I did ask them, "Do they come round straight away?" and she laughed and said it could be up to 2 months :rolleyes:
But in a way I feel like a weight is off my shoulders and I can get things moving, will take a printed copy of my SEF on holiday at half-term so that I can complete it (we are camping), then I'll do it on-line.
Just want to get it over and done with now.

louised
16-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I was inspected 5 weeks after I started minding!

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
16-10-2009, 10:05 PM
i got my certificate on 15th June, i got a phone call in mid July asking me if i was childminding yet (i was).

Then i got a phone call today to update their records and got told an inspector will be phoning me in the next two week, i take it they will be phoning me to arrange my inspection :eek: .

Merry-Minder
19-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I have had my pre-reg and was told I would be contacted in around 6-7 months for my full ispection - well that time is now! and I am very nervous to say the least!
Do I need to have completed my sef by the time they come out or just to have started it?

Zoomie
19-10-2009, 12:49 PM
I reg'd end of May, started minding a week later and Ofsted have not phoned me yet.

I have started my SEF, but am finding it really difficult.

I also need to phone Ofsted, cos I asked for a variation a few weeks back, and it is getting close to when I need the variation to start.

I so do not want to phone them :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bitsy Beans
23-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I registered in March but didn't have a single mindee until very end of July. They did ring me around 2 months ago to find out if I was working and I had my first inspection 2 weeks ago.