PDA

View Full Version : Is this the right way?

fucshia
16-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I have had my first mindee since September, he is 10 months old. I have taken photos and put one in the centre of an a4 piece of paper, I have written the six areas of learning around it and the things I have observed under each heading. Would this be the right thing to do as a first assessment/observation? I also have a form from mum telling me his routine and likes etc shall I include that? I am finding it hard to know how to present future things and plan ahead. How often should I be doing observations? How do I write it all down as planning? I'm not sure how to plan for a 10 month old. Sorry for all these questions Ofsted are visiting next week and I want to have things presented correctly, thanks for any help. :panic:

sarah707
16-10-2009, 08:50 AM
That is a lovely idea to have a photo in the middle and obs round the sides!

You don't need to link every photo to all 6 areas though, you might find only 1 or 2 links. You could end up driving yourself potty looking for all the links LOL!

An example of what I mean...

If the photo is showing the child playing with a farmyard, his favourite toy, you might link to ...

Cll - he's talking to the animals and making animal noises

Kuw - he knows the names of some of the animals.

THEN you could use other boxes on your form to think about how you will support his future learning (next steps).

So one box might say...

Next steps Cll - read a book about animals

And another might cover...

Next steps Cd - use animal stencils to draw some pictures.

What you are dong really sounds lovely, just don't make too much work for yourself.

Does that make sense? :D