PDA

View Full Version : Glass safety film

lizstrats
15-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi,

I'm completely new to this! I've just completed my ChIP course and am now thinking I should fill out my registration forms! Getting the house straight before my pre-reg visit - does anybody know where I can buy reasonably priced glass safety film? Mothercare have it for £19.99, but that seems very expensive!

Thanks x

Alz
15-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I got mine from ebay!!

Mrs Book
15-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep just got mine of ebay as well as like you refused to pay £19.99.

Name on the box is safety first. Maybe do a google on this. Just hoping it arrives before tomorrow. lol

babs
15-10-2009, 11:17 PM
can i ask what u are using glass safety film for ... iknow its for glass:laughing: just wondered if it was for windows etc .. as all windows theses days below a certain hight come with safety glass...

Mrs Book
15-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I have an old glass door between my front & dining room. Not sure if it is safety glass. Better to be safe than sorry.

miffy
16-10-2009, 07:28 AM
B&Q used to sell this too but I don't know how much it was - just a thought if you can't find it on ebay

Miffy xx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
16-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Theres someone on ebay that sells the same one that mothercare do but a lot cheaper,

dobby
16-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Also consider it for glass tables/tv stands etc 9although any modern one will be made from tempered glass - look for stickers or ask at shop bought from for oemthing to say so) Mirrors are another thing. I am getting some for this as i have got a perfectly sized but old mirror to put up at child height for them to use when doing dress up - seems daft to go and buy something new and probebly expensive when i can use the one i have for the sake of a bit of plastic film.

newadventure
16-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Ebay is defiantely the cheapest place. I have glass door in my cabinets but there only a year old so im sure there safety glass but not sure how to check?

Mrs Book
16-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Ok talking to the inpsector today. The glass door we have is in panels. She said that these door are usually safe as the glass hasn't anygive init as it is in frames. The glass in my backdoor has a bit more give in it and may need doing. BUT!!!!! if it is 80cm above floor height then it should be ok.

She then said at the end of the day it is my choice. So we may do both the back door and inner door as we have the film.

mumof1
16-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Ebay is the cheapest for it, i have just ordered some :thumbsup:

lizstrats
19-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I will definitely try ebay. We have panelled dors between lounge and kitchen - maybe ok without the film, but I'd rather be safe than sorry x