PDA

View Full Version : is this legal???

gegele
15-10-2009, 06:44 PM
mindee has broken voice, it was harvest festival today at school and she sand just fine. coming out of school her voice is broken.
Kid has been running around in playground. suddenly she disappear i was here as i was picking others up. mum totally start flapping, i walk calmly to the building where i see the kids talking to other mum worried as she lost her mum.
walk her back to mum and then she went to play again, climbing on wall (which I don't allow) as mum said nothing I couldn't help it but to ask her to come down, she turned around, looked at her mum and kept on, so i said it again she came down just to go a little further look..... rrrrrggghhhhh

anyhow mum end up calling kid over.."oh she's hot she has temperature"

:angry: the kid is not ill she's misbehaving, and you can try as many excuses as you want lady it isn't :censored: helping!!!! she did exactly the same at swimming couple of weeeks ago!!!
this is what I wanted to say but just looked at the floor.

anyhow now mum says that kid has no fever but still a sore throat she wants to send her to me (which I don't mind as I know there is nothing wrong with kid) BUT she want to keep her off school!
am I allowed to keep kids off school? is it legal? as a minder if she's with me is it like she's sick at home?

sorry it's a long one:blush:

Pipsqueak
15-10-2009, 06:47 PM
don't know about the legalities but I would refuse if she is not well enough to be at school then she is not well enough to be with you. she should be at home if she is that poorly

gegele
15-10-2009, 06:51 PM
that's the thing though she's fine, mum is she WWWEeeeeeellllllllll over protective which is why the 5 yrs old is a little s......... but that's a different story!!! anyhow i'm out and about tomorrow and i don't want to be pulled by a policeman asking me why she isn't at school. you know what i mean?

Maguiresmonkeys
15-10-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree with pipsqueak. 'if' she is 'ill' then she should be at home.
Some parents!:rolleyes:

cherry pink
15-10-2009, 06:54 PM
don't know about the legalities but I would refuse if she is not well enough to be at school then she is not well enough to be with you. she should be at home if she is that poorly

totally agree pip i too would refuse too have them,
sometimes in our town they have truant officers around who have been known to stop parents with school age children to see why they are not at school and i think they contact the school and lea depending on the reason, so it would stop me going out and about with my little ones so in effect not doing my job properly iyswim

sarah707
15-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I would refuse if she is not well enough to be at school then she is not well enough to be with you. she should be at home if she is that poorly

I totally agree!

It's not down to you to question the parents - if they say she is too ill to go to school then she must stay at home, not be with you.

Do you see what we mean? :D

solly
15-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I agree with pip, if she is to ill to go to school then she is to ill for to go to a minder.

gegele
15-10-2009, 07:02 PM
she's a single mum and she already has had a few days off for starting lo at school, a water infection (the lo), harvest festival and she has her birthday soon so again time off booked she can't miss work.

I just want to tell her that her little angel is not pure as snow lol.
last week it was "she's been snifflely" "did you notice her runny nose?"..... NO WOMAN YOU@RE KID IS JUST FINE!!!!!! never ever used a tissus, sniffle or anything!!!! run like a luny, drived me and my kids crazy, is quite rude, selfish, sneaky, sly BUT NOT ILL!!!!!
(how do you thing she'd take it?:laughing: :laughing: )

youarewhatyoueat
15-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Have you got other minded children with you as I wouldn't think they will be too happy. If the child is ill she should be at home with mum, if she is well enough to come to you she should be in school.

uf353432
15-10-2009, 07:15 PM
she's a single mum and she already has had a few days off for starting lo at school, a water infection (the lo), harvest festival and she has her birthday soon so again time off booked she can't miss work.

I just want to tell her that her little angel is not pure as snow lol.
last week it was "she's been snifflely" "did you notice her runny nose?"..... NO WOMAN YOU@RE KID IS JUST FINE!!!!!! never ever used a tissus, sniffle or anything!!!! run like a luny, drived me and my kids crazy, is quite rude, selfish, sneaky, sly BUT NOT ILL!!!!!
(how do you thing she'd take it?:laughing: :laughing: )

Her single mum status is not your problem - don't mistake working in partnership with parents to being emotionally blackmailed by them. If her daughter was really ill - then she would have no alternative but to take time off work.

Perhaps you should have a review with her about her childs behaviour. We are in a unique position to see their children in a 'close to home' environment. Children become relaxed and themselves in no time, and show similar traits at ours than they do at home. There are ways to let her know these things without putting their backs up.

gegele
15-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Perhaps you should have a review with her about her childs behaviour. We are in a unique position to see their children in a 'close to home' environment. Children become relaxed and themselves in no time, and show similar traits at ours than they do at home. There are ways to let her know these things without putting their backs up.

she's a miracle baby. mum was told she couldn't have children. parenst are divorced. both work full time. so they spend the rest of the time (especially mum) to make up time they don't spend together. the kid behave like a toddler with her mum. I told her and she says "well she is my baby". mum 5ft nothing still has to carry her out of my house!!!!the kid is five!!
she makes comment like "look at the state of her!" (about a woman with bright red hair) and mum laughed! not even telling her after about judging and being mean and all that. Kid has been using her party coming against my daughter "if you don't do that you can't come to my party...!!" my DD is 3!!

mum still sees her as a toddler, so until that changes I don't think she'll listen to anything!! let's just pray that being at school is going to help. in MY house and with me she DOES as she is TOLD.
future will tell but if you can tell me a few way to say a few thing please do as i'm rubbish at it as i'm a no nonsense person. I'm working very hard on tact....lots of work to do.:D

Pudding Girl
15-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Uh uh, if she is too ill for school she is too ill for coming to you.

Hope you don't mind me saying, you don't sound as if you like this mum or child very much at all, wouldn't it be better to let them go?

gegele
16-10-2009, 07:14 AM
:laughing: no i don't mind, I like mum. I must admit that if i didn't like her I would i give my notice but she had enough problem lately i don't want to add to her load, AND I'm still hoping that it's early days and he kids will change a bit being at school and being with me.

she arrived this morning fine and healthy!!!:laughing:

huggableshelly
16-10-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm in 2 minds about this and believe it depends on the situation.

I had a child who wasnt able to attend school but mom needed to get to a meeting so he was left in my care for the day.

reason for not attending school he had just had broken his collarbone in school the previous day and she was advised that he stays home for 2 days to rest it well, so he wasnt actually sick but not able to attend school either.

but for a child who is too sick for school I would refuse to have them on the same grounds as pip and others have already stated.

Helen79
16-10-2009, 08:41 AM
If I had no other mindees & was planning on staying at home that day then I would have her if she was genuinely too ill for school & mum really couldn't take time off work.
But if I had other children & we had planned to go to toddler groups etc then I definately wouldn't have her.

It does sound like mum is babying her a bit but school will hopefully address this if the child has too many absences from school.

Saying 'you can't come to my party' is pretty normal tbh I've worked in nurseries where all the girls fall out with each other every 5 mins & this is all we'd ever hear :rolleyes: Not nice but normal

gegele
16-10-2009, 08:55 AM
Saying 'you can't come to my party' is pretty normal tbh I've worked in nurseries where all the girls fall out with each other every 5 mins & this is all we'd ever hear :rolleyes: Not nice but normal

i think that's it i just need to learn girls behaviour, i'm used to boys and tomboys. so as she is a real girlie girl they have different ways. i need to work on this in my head.:D

The Juggler
16-10-2009, 01:16 PM
I agree with pipsqueak. 'if' she is 'ill' then she should be at home.
Some parents!:rolleyes:

ditto. too ill for school, too ill for me!