PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn little monkey

miss mopple
15-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I have an 18mth old mindee who is really set in his ways at times.

Another mindee appears to have hidden my tommee tippee cups so today I have had to go out and get some more.

Couldnt get exactly the same ones so got a mix of baby sports bottles and a different style of sippy cup

Will he drink? Will he heck!

He has been here since 7.30 and has refused to even touch any of the cups I have offered :rolleyes: I feel awful as he must be thirsty but I cant get to town until the weekend to track down another identical cup and surely its not unreasonable to expect him to at least try something else

Not sure what else I can do today :huh: I'll get mum to bring his cup from home tomorrow but I am just amazed at how stubborn he is being over this :eek:

kindredspirits
15-10-2009, 01:46 PM
my ds was the same - wouldn't touch a different brand cup, bottle or dummy :rolleyes:
have you thought about a normal non-lidded cup - if you hold it for him he might sip from it.

aly
15-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I read that and thought that you were talking about OUr Monkey here :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I bet you will find it once he goes :rolleyes:

Ripeberry
15-10-2009, 03:17 PM
If he has hidden it, maybe you could try a different way of asking. I find that using glove puppets really works as young kids think that they are real and if you get your 'friend' to whisper in your ear then maybe he will toddle off and get it.
A long shot, but it used to work with my youngest daughter ;)

miss mopple
16-10-2009, 03:15 PM
aarrrggghh! I dont believe it! Mum brought his cup from home today so I made sure we took it to soft play so he could drink. I swear I put it back in my bag but its gone :panic:

Talk about the curse of the cups :laughing:

Have dispatched DH to try and find an exact replacement before mindee goes home. Reckon he'll do it?

sarah707
16-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Oops! :rolleyes: :laughing:

miss mopple
16-10-2009, 09:10 PM
well he came back with 4 new ones the same as the original :clapping:

Then 10 minutes later one of the lost ones turned up :laughing:

angeldelight
16-10-2009, 09:33 PM
well he came back with 4 new ones the same as the original :clapping:

Then 10 minutes later one of the lost ones turned up :laughing:

Typical ha ha

Angel xx

Daddy Day Care
17-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I read that and thought that you were talking about OUr Monkey here :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I bet you will find it once he goes :rolleyes:

lol exactly the same as what I thoguht