PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 with first mindee

AliceK
15-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi

Not had any time to get on here this week. Only got my certificate through last couple of days of September and set about advertising like mad. Had a call last Friday from a mum needing urgent childcare for her DD (15mths) as other CM had let her down and she was starting a new job this Monday. Anyway they came and met me and little girl started on Monday. Wow what a hectic last few days :) . She is here from 8 till 5 all week and apart from not liking being in the buggy she has settled really really well. I'm just starting to relax a little and get into the swing of things I think and my DD (2yrs) has adapted really well to having another little one sharing me and my DS (5yrs) is in love with mindee and is sooo good with her. Lets hope it all continues well. I can't believe it happened so quick although the pessimistic side of me thinks mum and dad might get fed up of the travelling to drop off and pick her up, I'm right out of their way.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs.L.C
15-10-2009, 01:28 PM
How far is out of the way?Im sure parents wouldnt terminate care just because of that esp as child has settled

Sounds like all is going well - its great when things fall into place :)

AliceK
15-10-2009, 01:35 PM
How far is out of the way?Im sure parents wouldnt terminate care just because of that esp as child has settled

Sounds like all is going well - its great when things fall into place :)

It's about 5 miles out of their way so quite far. They both work and live on an army base and the CM they were going to use was on the base but now they're going about 15 mins out of their way to drop off and again to pick up. If it were me I would leave my child wherever they were obviously happy even if it was out of the way but not everyone thinks this way. Maybe I'm just being "glass half empty" :) Time will tell.

xxxxx